Are There Any Other Options Than a Lollipop Lift for my Sagging Breasts? (photo)

I would like to have my perky breasts back but i don't want the scars or the other side effects of the lollypop lift, are there any other options or recomendations?

Always chose the incisions that will give you the best shape

+2

We make incisions on the face for face lift surgery, on eyelids for eyelid lift, nose, ears, etc.  When the incision is placed and closed properly the final result will be a nearly invisible scar.  Yes, there will always be a scar but if it is very fine and well positioned it should always be accepted with a superior shape than a smaller incision with a less than desirable shape.  I have attached a link to a set of before and after photos from one of my breast lift patients to show this as an example.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=181&StartRow=11

Beautiful breasts without implants or vertical scars

+2

You appear to be an ideal candidate for the Ultimate Breast Lift technique. This technique is unlike any other as it achieves upper pole fullness without an implant and NO VERTICAL scar. The only incisions are hidden around the areola and in the natural crease of the breast. The breast is completely reshaped and permanently suspended to achieve a long term lift. An 'inner bra' of sorts is constructed without using foreign material so women enjoy going 'braless' without external support. The UBL is not a cookie cutter technique like the others. It is unlike anything currently practiced and able to achieve the ideal breast for any type of breast contouring problem. Vertical lifts are inherently faulty. Vertical incisions weaken the integrity of the lift by placing a cut at the point of maximum tension. Every PS knows that vertical lifts do not last (especially when loaded with a heavy implant). It just doesn't make sense. The UBL is architecturally stronger by not weakening the integrity of the skin envelope, but most importantly, the weight of the breast is transferred off the skin.    Do your research. This is a great start.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Web reference: http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663319/how-one-surgeon-is-reinventing-the-female-breast-sfw

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Are There Any Other Options Than a Lollipop Lift for my Sagging Breasts

+1

A peri-areolar incision alone will not give a suitable improvement to permit me to recommend it. Surgery is a trade-off. Scars are the down side, but doing an inadequate procedure with fewer scars is not likely to please anyone. All the best. 

Short scar breast lift options to reduce scars

+1

Variations in the vertical short scar breast lift exist, but the asymmetry in your breasts would likely best be served by a traditional short scar breast lift. Surgery90210

Breast Lift Scar Options

+1

The "lollipop" scar is the absolute minimum necessary in order to elevate the breasts and restore "perkiness." The scar is minimal when done carefully by an experienced surgeon and is a minimal tradeoff for the resultant improved shape.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift techniques based on photo

+1

Breast implants are pillow volume and fill out but don't lift the breast nor are they tightened although they may look more perky. Your breasts look too low and probably too big for the minimum size increase of one cup size of a low profile implant. 

Breast lifts have a long and varied history with rather poor understanding of what needs to be done and what the tradeoffs are. Breast lifts reposition the breast but they do not give it forward projection or perkiness although, again, they may look more youthful. Since the nipple-areola has to be moved up while still attached to the breast, an incision entirely around the areola is required. If the breast is actually moved up on the chest, the skin in the lower part of the breast has to be tucked (similar to a dart in clothing) and therefore a vertical incision is required. This results in the lollipop type incision. 

I would recommend against the Ultimate Breast Lift at this point as being based on advertising hype and wishful thinking with a lack of long term experience of many surgeons. I would also strongly recommend against a so-called crescent lift which I feel is misconceived and is not a true lift. Even periareolar lifts without the vertical incision are not usually true lifts but sometimes will be adequate if the lift is minimal and the lower pole of the breast is not too big/low (which yours is). 

If you are not comfortable with what is involved in a proper breast lift that will last, then I would not choose it at this time. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift incision choices

+1

I don't think you'll get a great result without more of an incision then what you seem to want. Your breast position is kind of low on the chest for me to suggest a "Benelli" pursestring as a good alternative. A vertical mastopexy (lollipop) would probably be my suggestion

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Not all breast lifting techniques produce the same change in the breast shape

+1

Hi there-

Breast lifting is unfortunately very poorly understood by most patients...

It is a mistake to believe that the reason there are several different techniques for lifting and reshaping the breasts is so that you and your surgeon can pick the one that gives you the scar you want at the price you like.

The fact is that the reason there are different techniques is because women's breasts come in different shapes to begin with- and each technique for reshaping the breasts will produce a reliable (and different) change in that shape. So, depending on the shape you begin with, and your goals, the key is to perform the procedure that produces the changes in breast shape necessary to get you from where you are starting from, to your goal. In this regard it's really not unlike asking for directions on the side of the road. The person helping you would take into consideration where you are starting from, and where you want to go, then offer you a route to your desired destination.

If, when asking for directions, you told the person you were asking that you only wanted to make the trip if you could be on a particular road, and if that road was not going to get you to your designation, it would be a mistake to take that road, right? But if you were PAYING for those directions, and you made it clear that you would only pay for them if you got to be on that road, you would probably find someone who would tell you that they could get you where you want to go and keep you on that road...

In other words, you need to be very careful how you go about this, and remember that your safety and your happiness will depend on how you make the important decisions in front of you.

I would recommend that, instead of looking for the operation and price you think you want, that you spend your time and energy finding the very best SURGEON you can. There is no doubt that to go from the breast shape you have now to the round, beautiful, natural looking and perky breasts you seem to want, you are going to need surgery, and all surgery will produce scars... But it is NOT necessarily true that breast lift scars (no matter which technique is used) are always ugly, conspicuous, or a source of regret for the patient. Nor is it true that any one surgeon has somehow captured magic in a bottle and has developed some revolutionary technique that the rest of us don't know about- so be careful whenever someone tries to tell you they have the secret to you getting what you want- their cutely named operation...

The truth is that a talented and skilled breast surgeon should be able to offer you several  different options, and be able to show you examples of their work, demonstrating lovely outcomes to you with the options available. Shop for these great outcomes- for a talented and skilled surgeon... and not for the scar you think you want. You'll be more likely to achieve the lovely outcome you desire and avoid the need for revision surgery later. 

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Crescent Lift or Circumareolar Lift Plus an Implant

+1

From your photos, it appears that you have only moderate drooping.  Either an ellipse mastopexy (crescent lift) or a circumareolar lift plus an implant should give you a great result.  The first lift involves an incision around just the upper half of your areola.  The second lift involves an incision around the entire areola. Discuss these procedures with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Tradeoffs...

+1

Tried and true methods of breast lifting would require you to have more than just an incision around the areola and to consider using a small implant.  No disrespect intended to the surgeon suggesting the "ultimate breast lift" with no implant and minimal scarring as I do not know him or anything about his techniques but I would ask to see long-term (more than 2 or 3 years out) results of this type of procedure as they have been tried by many surgeons over the years with limited results.  Of course some surgeon out there may know something better than everyone else but I would ask to see photos of long term results.   Some surgeons you go to will place large implants instead of doing lifts which is a mistake.  Some surgeons will use limited scars and leave you with limited results rather than lose a patient.  My best advice to you would likely be the vertical incision that you are hesitant to use.  In the end it is a tradeoff for shape versus scarring in my opinion.  Some ladies are willing to accept the permanent scars and some ladies are not.  If not willing to have the scars of a true mastopexy sometimes the best thing is to leave things alone and not have surgery.  

Web reference: http://www.delawarevalleyplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/breast-lift.cfm

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon