Is There Any Option Other Than Surgery to Lower my Nasal Bridge?

I used a product a while back that was like a clip to put on my nose that i hoped would make it look smaller and thinner but it raised my nose bridge higher than i would like. It has been many months of not using the clip and my nose bridge has not gone back to before i used the clip and it is much to high. It is still straight without any humps but it is raised making my nose stick out from my face much more. Anything i can do other than surgery to get my nasal bridge back the way it was?

Only rhinoplasty can successfully lower the nasal bridge. No “clip” put on the nose will do it.

+1

I am intrigued by this “clip” that you put on your nose, hoping that the nose will look smaller and thinner.  It is not surprising that it might raise the bridge because what it does is gather up the tissue on the side of the nose and allow it to rise above your natural profile.  How and why this device changed the architecture of your nose is somewhat mystifying, but in any event, you need to consult with a very experienced nasal surgeon to determine several things.  First, was this device really responsible for a change in the structure of your nose?  Secondly, if you are not happy with your bridge, what can be done to correct it? 

Nasal bridges come high and they come low; either way, they can be improved.  If the bridge is high, it takes nasal surgery to reduce it.  If it is low, it is possible that a non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure with fillers that are injected below the numbed skin to plump up the bridge.  Fillers can be temporary or permanent. 

My best advice is to stay away from “devices” and “clips” and other gizmos that are marketed out there preying on people’s hopes that they can somehow have a permanent change to their nose structure without seeing a surgeon. 

Rhinoplasty is generally a very successful operation, and I do not think you should be reluctant to have it unless there are some other medical or financial reasons that would be an obstacle. 

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION

There NO EFFECTIVE Non-Surgical Ways to Reduce a High Nose Arch

+1

A high nasal arch (dorsum), depending on its prominence, is made up of the Upper Lateral Cartilages, the nasal bones and the upper nasal septum. There is NO effective and accurate way to remove a smooth a proportionate sliver of these structures AND to push the walls together without surgery.

Non-surgical nose job.

+1

I would have to see pictures of you nose to make this assessment.  If the area above the bridge is low, an injection in that area can make the bump seem smaller.  However, if your nose truly projects too far out, surgery is probably your best option.  

David Alessi, MD