Hi there, I'm noticing this horrific wrinkle on the side of my mouth. When I pull the side of my face back it goes away? (photo)

Will juvederm be too thick to fill it? Restylane, boletero? Any lasers that will eradicate it? My body can't handle Botox, too many horrific side effects, and I am on a budget...what are my options?

Belotero does great for thin delicate lines on the face.

+1

Belotero is so nice since it fills in the thin lines and doesn't get bumpy like some of the other fillers. It runs $550/syringe and lasts about 6 months. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

This is one of your smile lines.

+1

Filler will help to decrease the depth of this line. However, because it is an area that has a lot of movement, the filler probably won't last as long here as it might in other areas of the face. I would recommend one of the hyaluronic acid fillers such as Perlane or Juverderm. Lasering over one line is not very effective.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cheek Wrinkle Options

+1

Hi LL. We would suggest one of any number of dermal fillers and an experienced injector.

You have mentioned a couple - Restylane and Belotero - both are legitimate options. You can also consider Juvederm, Perlane or Radiesse. We would most likely go for Restylane or Radiesse once we evaluated you in person. Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD