Is There Anything I Can Do About my Sloping Neck? (photo)

I am 35 years old, and over the last 10 years or so, my neck line has become increasingly sloped. I'm not as slim as I used to be, but I'm not excessively overweight. I'm 6'2" and 200 pounds, and keep in shape, but my neck has become an area that is really bothering me. Is this a sloping neck? Obtuse cervicomental angle? Is there a particular specialist for this type of question? Is there a safe and/or typical procedure to improve the shape of my jaw line, or sloping neck? Thank you.

Chin Liposuction Makes a Big Difference for the Right Person

+1

I think you would be a great candidate for liposuction of the upper neck. This can be done in the office with local anesthesia with or without oral sedation, or can be done in a surgery center under IV sedation or general anesthesia. 

Sloping Neck and Liposuction

+1

You could have a couple of things going on.  The excess fat can be reduced with liposuction, but you may still have too much skin.  This can be determined by examination.  To tighten the excess skin, the incision is usually done through a facelift incision.  The recovery is usually a couple of weeks, and sometimes a neck pressure garment is used after surgery to expedite the healing process. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Sloping neck and liposuction

+1

Dear Paul,
You are an excellent candidate for SmartLipo of your neck.  This is a procedure that may be performed under local anesthesia where using tiny incisions laser liposuction is used to remove the fat and contour the neck as well as to tighten overlying skin.  You will have approximately 1 week of swelling in this will be transformational for your face/neck.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Neck issues

+1

You could have several things going on. Unfortunately the photo is very limiting. Liposuction can help if it is mainly fat. If you have always had an obtuse angle, then sometimes muscle work may need to be performed to improve that. Sometimes skikn needs to be tightened as well, but in a 35 y r old this is less common.

Neckline Improvement

+1

There are several potential options to improve the neckline. A full lateral view is required to begin to sort out some of the options which include liposuction ,chin augmentation and surgical privation of muscle .

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Slopy neck

+1

In your situation liposuction is not enough to abtain a clean angle of the neck. You will need, in addition to the liposuction,  a 'platysmorrhaphy' which means removal of the fat under the neck muscles and tightening of the muscles. See a board certified plastic surgeon.

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo will give you a great result in contouring your neck with no downtime

+1

Hi Paul,  This is a common complaint.  Your neck definition has been lost as a result of your moderate weight gain over the last few years.  You can get a great correction with SmartLipo.  It is done using local anaesthetic and the SmartLipo laser.  The incision is minute and hidden and as a result, not detectable the day after surgery.  The fat is destroyed perminantly with the laser.  The skin is tightened by careful heating below the skin.  Many of my patients return to work the next morning.  Usually there is no (or minimal) swelling and no bruising.  The results are appreciated within days and coninue to improve over the ensuing weeks.  I suggest you look for a plastic surgeon that has extensive experience with SmartLipo.  Dr. Scott Barr

Scott Barr, MD
Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

Liposculpting for sloping neck line

+1

sculpting the lower third of the face and neck is a great procedure to correct sloping neck line and to create a sharp cervicomental angle. although all surgeons have their own ways of doing it, I use a single 2-3 mm incision on the inside of the chin and sculpt the neck and lower face with that incision. the procedure is done under local anesthesia and the results can be seen within 1 week and full results in 4-6 weeks. I feel like this is a fairly common complaint and by far the most gratifying procedure in my practice. I would highly recommend you consult this with your plastic surgeon. u will be very happy :)

Misbah Khan, MD