Is There a Way to Get my Cleavage More Even or Will It Always Be Uneven As Shown? (photo)

BA in May of 2012. Prior my surgery I had slightly more tissue on my left side & PS said left chest wall slightly protrudes. AA cup prior. Used 400cc mod+ on R & 360cc mod classic on L mentor sillicone sub-musc. Cleavage is off now. My right has more protrusion look & is more round. Is this fixable to switch both to mod+? Would they look more similar with same profile even if it made left one a little larger? 5'8" tall 140 lb athletic..is 475 right & 450 left mod+ too large for my build if revised?

Breast Implant Revision to Imrove Asymmetry

+1

Preoperative pictures would be helpful to assess any asymmetry that existed before surgery.  In general, symmetry can probably be improved, but you do not want to violate the breast imprint and create a double bubble.

Is There a Way to Get my Cleavage More Even or Will It Always Be Uneven As Shown?

+1

Differences in rib protrusion and breast volume make it impossible to get perfect symmetry, but sometimes improvements are possible. Changing the implant to a higher profile will make a breast project more, but it will also make it more narrow. Your breast would be more rounded and stick out more, but this could slightly widen the space between your breasts (reduce cleavage).

The bottom line is that anything you do to improve a problem may compromise other things. This is why it is important to work with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon to help you decide if a revision is likely to get you what you want versus exchanging one problem for another.

Michael Vennemeyer, MD

Michael Vennemeyer, MD
Southlake Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation

+1

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your photos.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to provide you with a solid advise since the pre-op photos and the full details of your surgeries are not disclosed.

Nonetheless, the right implant is high-riding and that is demonstrated in the second photo.

Possibly, a readjustment of the right pocket and repositioning of the implant would be the way to go about the asymmetry. 

However, a physical consultation is required to provide you with a solid advise.

At this point, I encourage you to keep communicating with your surgeon and to follow his/her instructions religiously.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry

+1

You will always have to accept some degree of asymmetry, especially if you have differences in your chest wall.  The main problem is that the right implant is too high, too medial and appears too round.  The left breast implant is better positioned but the pocket was not dissected correctly and is flat medially, between 7-9 o'clock. 

The position of the implants can be improved by opening the right breast pocket laterally and inferiorly the left breast pocket inferior-medially.  I agree that your choice of 475/450 mod+ would be a better match but the appropriate preoperative assessment would have to be repeated to confirm this.  

Eric Sadeh, MD

Uneven

+1

It can be hard to tell from just a photo, but it does look like the left breast is a bit smaller. The pocket seems a bit narrower in the lower central part. This can probably be improved by using a larger implant and opening the pocket out a bit. Overall the result does look nice despite that.

Thanks for your question. Discuss in person with your surgeon. Best wishes.

Is There a Way to Get my Cleavage More Even or Will It Always Be Uneven As Shown

+1

The posted photos show a very good result. But your happiness is the most important issue. I might suggest fat grafting the left inferior-medial quadrant. 

Revision breast augmentation

+1

The take off of the cleavage is often different between the two breasts.  It may be very difficult to make these the same.  In my consultations I review what can be achieved and what can't, this may not be possible.  Volume diffferences often can be adjusted but shape symmetry may not be completely achieved.

Change in size

+1

you have nice results. it is possible to make changes, but i always caution my patients that revision surgery is not complication free. you should have a discussion with your surgeon.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Should you use different profile implants to account for protruding chest?

+1

It does appear that the breast are different size and projection and changing your implants to the same projection, possibly increasing the size should help.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Improving Breast Symmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The breast asymmetry that you are referring to is obvious in the pictures you have provided. Although I cannot provide you with definitive advice on mine, I think that it is very likely that the use of a larger breasts implant volume ( on your left side) will help improve breast symmetry.  Exactly what size/profile of breast implant will be necessary would depend on careful measurements;  I usually make these measurements intra operatively with the help of temporary sizers in place.

It will be very important for you to discuss your goals with your plastic surgeon; I like the use of goal pictures to help with this  communication process.  Show your plastic surgeon the “look” of what you are trying to achieve as well as breast that are too small or too big…