Is there a more natural or subtle alternative to Botox for around the eyes?

Botox seems to be too harsh for me, even when I only get as little as 3 units under each eye. My eyes end up looking almost lifeless and the sides of my eyes look caved in when I get Botox (I assume its because I'm not using those muscles anymore). Is there something more subtle or natural. I like the look I get from Botox when it is about to wear off. Would Dysport be more subtle or maybe a filler would be better?

Botox under the eyes

+2

Botox under the eyes only helps on the outer edges of the eye and as you start to get it past the mid part of the eye on the bottom it can make some of the creases appear deeper. Typically for the areas your worried about you should consider either peels or laser services.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Botox Under Eyes?

+1

Hi Kimberrr. Botox under the eyes typically does not work out that well. For the fine lines in this area, you may be a better candidate for dermal fillers or laser resurfacing. As for the outer eye and between the eyes, your injector should be able to make you appear very natural. If that's not happening, it may be time to consider a new injector. Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox or something better.

+1

It sounds like the Botox may be placed in the wrong area around your crew see. Botox should give a natural walk with no change to the eyes other than a decrease in the wrinkles.