Is There Any Way to Make Lumineers Look More Realistic? I Recently Got Some and Hate Them. I Want my Old Teeth Back.

Hate My Lumineers and Want my Old Teeth Back

+1

I am so sorry that the lumineers do not look realistic and you are unhappy with the result. Your dentist should have shown you a before and after picture of what your smile would ultimately look like.  Lumineers work beautifully on teeth that are not large and have some spaces between them. Since there is no reduction done to the tooth and if your teeth are large, lumineers tend to look bulky and fake.  The upside is since there should have been no tooth reduction, you should be able to have the lumineers removed and your old teeth back.  Maybe you should discuss with your dentist veneers that are non prep and you might be much happier.....but take your time here in making a decision, because there is no turning back after veneers are placed.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Disappointed with Lumineers

+1

So sorry you are unhappy with the result of your Lumineers.  Lumineers are one brand of Prepless Veneers and must be carefully constructed by a highly trained ceramist and designed and bonded by an experienced cosmetic dentist. Good results are possible as you can see from images elsewhere on this site. Consider discussing the specific concerns you have with your dentist and the possibility of re-making the veneers to meet your goals. If there was no tooth structure removed, it may be possible to remove them and return to your former appearance. Good luck.

Mickey Bernstein, DDS
Memphis Cosmetic Dentist