I Have Lost from 145 Kg to 77 Kg (68 Kg) Lost? (photo)

I have quite a lot of excess skin on my abdomen, chest, back and upper arm. I am 16 year old male. I was wondering what will the recovery time be after doing these surgeries. I want to build muscle on my frame, is it possible to get all the skin removed and build body?. Or vice verse?. Here is my states. Height: 5'10 Weight 77 kg Body Fat %: 7 Age: 16 Gender: Male

Timing for Body Lift Considerations

+1

Candidates for a Body Lift are patients like you who have experienced significant weight loss through procedures such as gastric banding or bypass surgery, stomach stapling, bariatric surgery, lap band surgery, or non surgical methods such as diet or exercise. It is crucial that these candidates maintain a stable weight for an extended period of time prior to surgery to minimize complications and to maximize results.

Waiting approximately 12 to 18 months after weight loss has stabilized is best, and when one does not expect further weight loss, as a result of the previous surgical procedure. During this stabilization period, the skin will shrink as much as possible in preparation for the body contouring procedures. Because you may still be growing as you are 16 years old, I would recommend starting to build muscle as part of a life long activity prior to doing major body contouring surgery.

You should be in good health and maintain a nutritional diet during the year following weight loss surgery. Do not smoke during the 6 weeks prior to surgery and try not to recover the habit following surgery as smoking will increase risk of complications and slow the healing process.

Finally, you should have reasonable expectations for the results of the body contouring procedures involve significant scarring.

Male body lift

+1

Great job!! A body lift can truly change your life. Excess abdominal fat  and skin is removed, the abdomen and your core is tightened, your hips are raised and defined and your buttock has new definition and shape.  The combination is powerful and the results are immediate. I would do the body lift first, then stage procedures every 4-6 months. Healing time is 2-4 weeks. The most important thing is safety. Please don't compromise on this! See a board certified plastic surgeon

Raj S. Ambay, MD

I Have Lost from 145 Kg to 77 Kg (68 Kg) Lost?

+1

Congratulations on the weight loss. 

From the photos I can see the need for a tummy tuck and breast lift/reduction. Without photos, any comments on the arms and back would be wild speculation. 

Down time for heavy exercise would be about 6 weeks for any of the procedures you may need. After a tummy tuck, expect 10 days off from school or light work. Any other procedures would have less down time. More specific advice will come in the setting of an in person consultation. 

All the best.

Abdominoplasty recovery is about 2 weeks

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  In general an abdominoplasty will require about 2 weeks of downtime.  You will not be 100% at 2 weeks but you should be able to return to work if it does not require heavy lifting or vigorous activity.  There are several abdominoplasty or tummy tuck options and these can be discussed with your plastic surgeon.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Post bariatric cosmetic surgery

+1

You look in very good shape. You do need an abdominoplasty , the question is standard abdominoplasty or a Fleur de lis abdominoplasty. That should be discussed with you and the limitation and advantage of each. Upper body lift with arm lift and may be reduction of the breast. As for body building, continue till surgery, while you are recovering no heavy activity for three to six weeks.

+1

This will involve several surgeries that I would divide into two stages based upon what areas bother you more.  The recovery period will involve avoiding strenuous activity for about 6 weeks following the surgeries.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and body contouring procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA