There is a Long Indented Groove in my Implant Do You Think I Should Have It Checked?

I had a double mesectomy a little over a year ago, I choose to have breast reconstructive surgery. Today I noticed a long indent groove about four inch long. I do not have in feelings in my breasts do to the previous surgeries but I do feel pressure in that particular breast. I choose to go with a Silicone implant do you think i am having some type of leakage?

Groove after reconstruction

+1

Certainly a photo would be helpful.  You might have a leak but with the new gel implants this would be unlikely.  In all liklihood you have a ripple in the implant.  No t uncommon, but less with silicone than saline.  I would see your surgeon to see what options are available such as Strattice or Alloderm and fat injections to cover the rippling.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon