Is There Any Laser Skin Treament That Helps Remove a Heavy Tan?

I would like to know if there is any effective laser treatment, that can help get rid of a heavy tan on the following specific areas: both forearms, both lower leg regions, and around the neck area. If there is a laser treatment out there,would it be recommended to get it done to remove these tans. What are the risks?

Laser Treatment and Tanning

+1

Thank you for your question. I do not recommend laser treatments to remove tan.  The risk is very discolored skin, and a very uneven skin color in the treated area.  Keep sunscreen on the area, and the area will gradually begin to lighten, provided you stay out of the sun and tanning booths. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in laser procedures for the most effective and safe treatments. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Tan

+1

It is hard to say. It may not ba a tan but sun damage from years of tanning. If it is new tan it will fade with time.

Vicki J. Levine, MD