Is There Any Kind of Treatment for Keloids (Scar) After You Get a Breast Augmentation?

I had a breat augmentation and didn't scar or develop a keloid the first time. I healed very well; however, I went bigger the second time (apparently, the doctor will go over the same incision). I am 2 months and 1 week in my healing. Now, it appears that I am developing/developed a keloid. During my healing process I used Mederma, as I did with the first augmentation. Is there any kind of treatment for keloids under the breast that will show good results? Thank you

Treatment of scars on the breasts - Los Angeles

+1

I treat keloid scars on breasts and have found that a combination protocol works best; including laser, injections, and pressure treatment. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Scar formation after redo breast augmentation

+1

I do not know what your scar looks like, and therefore, cannot give you any recommendation for a specific treatment.  

I do know that scars have a tendency to look their worst at 2-3 months.  See your plastic surgeon and ask him or her what he or she recommends. Silicone sheeting or gel, tape therapy, and steroid injections are possibilities. Ask your surgeon.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Unfavorable scar appearance after Breast Surgery

+1

Hi there-

Without knowing more about your situation and being able to examine you, it is impossible to responsibly offer you advice or a diagnosis of your problem.

Your best bet is to bring this issue to the attention of your surgeon. Only he will be able to help you understand what might be going on and what has worked to improve the situation in his patients in the past.

Armando Soto, MD

Treatment options for hypertrophic scarring

+1

At two months post op and without a photograph it is impossible to determine if you are actually developing a keloid scar or if it is part of the normal healing process.  A keloid is a healing abnormality.  A keloid scar grows outside of the edges of a normal scar and will actually destroy the normal surrounding skin.    It is also possible that you have a hypertrophic scar that is due to excessive tension on the scar.   There are treatments for each type.    You need to be evaluated to determine the best treatment option.