Is There a Less Invasive Procedure to Fixing the Dent in my Nose After Rhinoplasty?

Do I need a revision rhinoplasty to correct a nose dent which appeared after the initial surgery? Should I avoid another surgery, or not? 

How to fix dent on nose after rhinoplasty

+1

It is often possible to treat dents like you describe. Exactly how this could be done depends on where it is located and how large it is. Cartilage grafts can be placed with a hidden incision inside the nose in certain cases. The least invasive method of treatment is to have a skin filler injection. This isn't permanent and I generally don't recommend placing them on the tip of the nose.

Fixing Dent after Rhinoplasty

+1

Depending on where the dent is located, how big it is, and whether or not all the swelling from your rhinoplasty has resolved, a filler can be used to improve the nasal contour. I recommend the use of Radiesse, which will last for 12-18 months. A permanent solution is the placement of cartilage or fascia in the depression.

Dent in nose

+1

I what you have is a shallow depression then you might respond well to filler, understanding that you will need it repeated periodically. Otherwise you will need some form of surgical intervention. Sometimes it's a good idea to have the filler first, see if you like the result and then have your surgeon target that result after it wears off.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Less invasive procedures for revision rhinoplasty

+1

Depending upon the extent of the "dent" on your nose your options range from a simple filler, to a full revision rhinoplasty requiring additional cartilage to help repair the depression. If you post photographs it is possible to give you more information.  However, some small indentions in the nose can be easily corrected in 5-10 minutes through the use of a dermal filler placed in the office. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

It depends on the extent of the dent and how much it bothers you.  Assuming that the dent is still present after enough time has elapsed after your initial rhinoplasty to allow any swelling to subside, you may consider having some filler put in to improve the dent.  However, this is temporary and will need to be continued.  On the other hand, if you are seeking a permanent solution, you may consider having a revision.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can properly evaluate and guide you.

Kimberly Lee, MD