Is There Such Thing As a Non-invasive Minor Breast Reduction For Asymmetry?

I am having difficulty finding a good fitting bra. My band size is 40. One breast fits nicely in a D cup while the other spills out. I go up to a DD cup and then I have one breast that fits nicely and the other has gaps. I was wondering if there is a non-invasive procedure that could reduce the size of the DD breast down to a D so that I can find a bra that actually fits, something like breast liposuction?

Breast Reduction - Is There Such Thing As a Non-invasive Minor Breast Reduction For Asymmetry?

+1

Yes, there is - and you may be a good candidate for the procedure as long as (as always) you understand what it will and won't do.  Liposuction of the breast can be expected to reduce the bulk and volume of the breast, but it will not, in and of itself, tighten the skin.  You will have some contraction of the skin, but if you currently have a lot of excess skin (it's all relative, of course) and then you have lipo, will your skin be able to contract adequately?  If not, you may need a more formal lift in addition to the lipo.

However, a prudent course is to have the lipo, give your body a chance to heal on its own and then decide later (give it 6-12 months) if you need to have a lift.  Although that risks your having to undergo two procedures, it will be more precise than trying to guess how your body will heal from a lipo.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Non invasive

+1

It sounds like you may be a good candidate for reduction of one side by liposuction, which is not non-invasive but it easier to go through than a standard reduction and only has one tiny incision.  You might want to re-submit your question with  photos to see if this might be an option in your case.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

There is no non-invasive breast reduction technique

+1

You state that you are a size 40 so each cup size corresponds to 300 cc of breast volume.  To change your DD down to a D you will need about 300 cc of volume removed.  This can be done with liposuction but the skin envelope may be loose and the skin may droop.  You may need a concentric mastopexy at the same time to correct the skin laxity.  This may be the least invasive technique but it is still a surgical procedure and will leave a scar.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction and “Non-Invasive” Technique?

+1

Unfortunately, there is no “noninvasive” technique to perform breast reduction surgery. Keep in mind, that liposuction  surgery is “invasive” ( despite popular belief). Liposuction surgery is a possibility for the rare patient that has the need for a small degree of “reduction” AND  excellent overlying skin elasticity.

This combination of mild breast hypertrophy and excellent skin elasticity is hard to come by.

It would be in your best interest to be examined in person by well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

I would suggest that you avoid non-plastic surgeons:  you'll be less likely to be “sold” a procedure that will not be effective...

Breast reduction

+1

I fyou want a small volume reduction on one and you don ot want the skin envelope tightened or the nipple lifted, then liposuction of the breast may be beneficial.

Minimally invasive Breast Reduction

+1

The situation you have described is very common and a popular technique for small volume breast reduction is liposuction.  Although there is no such thing as scarless surgery, the scars from liposuction are minimal and can be placed in very inconspicuous areas.  Liposuction works by removing the voume from an area, but it depends on the skin in that area to tighten following the procedure.  If you are young and/or have good elasticity in your skin, you might be a candidate.  The only downside with this method of breast reduction is that the tissue removed cannot be evaluated for cancerous or pre-cancerous lesion.  You should have a discussion with you plastic surgeon about any family history of breast cancer or personal history of breast atypia.  This information will be extremely important when evaluating you as a surgical candidate for this type of procedure.

Marcus Crawford, MD

Liposuction breast reduction.

+1

Breast liposuction is a good way to reduce the size to the breasts.  The main limitation is the skin laxity.  Liposuction will not tighten the skin but will reduce the weight and size of the tissue inside the skin.  If your breasts have a fairly similar shape except for the size you will do very well with a breast reduction of the one side.

Liposuction is considered invasive but it has the ability to achieve a significant and predictable change with very little scaring.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Non-invasive breast reduction

+1

Liposuction is certainly a possibility to correct breast asymmetry if the tissues are not too droopy. True non-invasive fat removal of the female breast is possible with newer devices such as ultrashape, liposonix or coolsculpting but i know of no studies of this at this point. we often use our zeltiq coolsculpting device to treat male breast fat (gynecomastia)

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Liposuction Is Not Noninvasive

+1

Liposuction is not a nonivasive procedure, although it certainly is less invasive than a reduction mammoplsty.  It sounds as if you may be a candidate for liposuction to correct your asymmetry.  Significant liposuction of the breasts  usually leads to a good bit of sagging, but that may not be a problem in your situation.

John Whitt, MD

Scarless beast reduction

+1
what you are describing is probably my best single indication for the Scarless Reduction. It is not non invasive but would certainly be considered minimally invasive compared to a traditional reduction. certainly worth looking into.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon