Is There a Less Invasive Method to Perform a Breast Lift Surgery, That Can Minimize the Chances of Getting Keloids?

I had an open cut myomectomy surgery, 6 weeks ago. I saw a ps yesterday and she said my current cut is slightly raised though she can't say its keloid yet and won't know if she can do the surgery for another 10 months when she will be able to tell if its keloid or not. Is there a less invasive method that can be used to prevent keloids? if I do find someone else to perform the surgery? According to her there isn't cause my droop is 9cm long. What are my options if any please?

Is There a Less Invasive Method to Perform a Breast Lift Surgery,

+1

Your breast lift will require moving the areola to a higher position and removing excess skin, and that will require incisions.

A slightly raised incision in the abdomen at six weeks may be quite normal. Without photos of the scar and of the breasts, it is not likely that you can receive any but the most general advice. 

All the best. 

Least invasive lift

+1

Unfortunately, you have not told us your breast size or provided any photographs.  The least invasive technique is called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection and avoids the need for implants.  The weight of the breast is transferred to the underlying muscle producing long term stability.  However, no physician can guarantee the absence of keloids.  The best predictor of keloid is the outcome of you most recent surgery.      

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1

All breast lifts will involve skin incisions, but the result will be technique and surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year and is a scar expert and author.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Dear Lyanla,

thank you for your question.  Unfortunately, all breast lift procedures involve removing excess skin and this means making incisions.  There are treatments for keloids and to help prevent keloids from happening, including steroids, taping, compression, and x-ray therapy.  I would try at least taping to your current incision to see if you develop keloids or not, and then make a decision on whether to have a breast lift after you see how you heal if you are at high risk of keloids.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and keloids

+1

Breast lifts can be performed using several different techniques.  However, all require incisions. If you form keloids, then you may have a problem with your breast incisions as well.

Breast Lifting and Scar Concerns?

+1

There are different types of breast lifts available;  what type of breast lift a specific patient will  benefit from will depend on their physical examination and goals.

All types of breast lifting involved removal of some breast skin;  the lower the position of the breasts on the chest wall, the more skin that needs to be removed, in order to tighten the breast skin envelope.

Depending on the degree of breast lifting required,  some scarring is to be expected and may be a significant concern.  Abnormal scarring elsewhere on the body will not necessarily translate to abnormal scarring on the breasts. There are many variables involved when it comes to the nature of scarring the patient experiences on a specific body part.

Patients should be aware that if they undergo a “lesser” of a breast lift operation that is what is indicated based on their anatomy, it is likely that they will be disappointed and that further surgery may become necessary in the short term. In other words  it is important to perform the correct operation based on the specific patient's anatomy/diagnosis.  Be careful about the temptation to choose your plastic surgeon based on the one who promises lesser scarring.

When the time is right to seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. Again, communicate your goals carefully and make sure you are aware of the “trade-offs” associate with the surgery.  Mostpatients (if properly selected and who are doing the operations at the right time of their lives  psychosocially) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry.Achieving realistic expectations prior to surgery will also be important.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more about breast lifting surgery.