Is There Something That Can Improve the Appearance of This Dark Brown Scar? Can I Use Cortisone Cream Again? (photo)

I had a cortisone injection 2 months ago. the injection in my opinion didnt do anything to the scar to help it but indented the healthy skin beside it. I was told that would come back to normal in 6 months. What concerns me is that the scar is almost a blueish purple color or just darker brown in the last month and is on my mind all the time. before i had the injection i was using a topical cortisone cream and then a hydroquinone cream for 2 days before i stopped because of a reaction.

Treating scars around the mouth and lips

+1

The current indented scar can be improved with percutaneous scar release and fillers.  Other options include surgical excision and layered closure.