Is There Any Hope For Dead Skin? (photo)

I had a breast lift and 550cc implant Jan 25 2013 and I had restricted blood flow due to too much skin being cut off for the breast left the tension caused restricted blood flow which resulted in dead skin my doctor swore it wasn't dead skin after a month and a half he finally said it was this is after going for a second opinion and that doctor calling him because of the state of my wound. Today he removed the dead skin and now you can see my implant is there hope of this healing?

Is There Any Hope For Dead Skin?

+1

If the implant is exposed - it looks like it might be but I can't tell for sure from the photo - then it has to come out.  If not, you can continue to have the wound treated with what is called "local wound care" until it is clear one way or the other.  However, even if it heals you may wind up with a thickened scarred area around that portion of the areola, and you may want to consider having the procedure redone with smaller implants.  That may have to be a staged procedure, depending on how this heals.

Sorry, but I hope that this has helped.

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Exposed implant?

+1

I actually do not see any exposed implant in any of these photos. As long as the implant remains covered and not infected, continued local wound care is best, unless this reaches a standstill at which time some type of wound reconstruction might be useful.

I do expect this to heal.

All the best. 

Exposed or not exposed, that is the question

+1

exposed or not exposed, that is the question...if the implant is not exposed then healing by secondary intention is possible....the risk of bacteria reaching the implant can increase though...choices....secondary intention with silvadene wound care versus skin graft and scar revision surgery down the road....I hope this helps.  Regards Dr. Weiss

Is There Any Hope For Dead Skin?

+1

Sorry for your complicated recovery. My concern is an exposed implant. By definition and exposed implant should be removed to allow healing and prevention of further infections and capsule formation. 

Breast implants exposure after tissue necrosis

+1

Sorry for your healing issues. With an exposed implant, it sounds like you need the implant removed to allow things to heal. Follow closely with your surgeon. Good luck.

Tissue Necrosis after Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

+1

I am sorry to see/hear about the complication you have experienced. Unfortunately, this type of complication can happen even in the best of hands.

I do not see an exposed implant in the pictures; if you do see an implant, then immediate follow up with your plastic surgeon is indicated. Unfortunately, there will be likely be no good choice but to remove the implant.

In the long run, you may be pleasantly surprised about how good your breasts will look ( even if the breast implant has to be removed for several months).

I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon  and do your best to remain as positive as possible during this stressful time.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

Breast Implant Exposure After Tisse Necrosis

+1

While this is not what you want to hear, but the best approach now with an exposed breast implant is to remove it. If not, it has a high risk of getting infected and making what is a terrible situation worse. This will also allow the wound to granulate closed, or maybe even partially excised and closed and will expedite the whole healing process. Once the breast is well healed for a year, it may be possible to have smaller implants put back in and the areolar scars revised. 

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/breast-aug.html

What to do if a breast implant is exposed - Needs to be removed

+1

Sorry to see this problem.  With the implant exposed your plastic surgeon really has no choice but to remove the implant.  Once the implant gets exposed it will be rapidly colonized with bacterial further complicating your healing process. With the implant removed and good wound care this area will heal and then you will be ready to have a revision of the breast.  

There is no hope for dead skin. It does not come back to life.

+1

After a mastopexy with large implants the blood supply to portions of the skin might be compromised. If the skin dies it will ultimately have to be removed. I would worry about the security of the breast implants in the situation.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Wound problem after lift and aug

+1

If your implant is exposed you need to see your surgeon.  If the implant still has viable breast tissue covering it, and is therefore isolated from the open skin wound and the dead tissue that was debrided, the implant can remain.  Wound care will take weeks, but ultimately the wound will shrink dramatically and you will likely only need a relatively simple scar revision of the periareolar scar.  

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon