Is there any hope for minimizing a breast reduction incision?

I had the procedure in August of this year and the incision below my bust, just around the cleavage area is dark and raised. As a matter of fact the entire incision below is very dark and in complete contrast to my complexion. I did use silicone strips in the earlier stages of healing but it only flattened the incision with the exception of the cleavage area. The area that is raised also hurts sometimes when I lie down. I'd appreciate a remedy with open arms. Thank you in advance

+2
I can only answer in the most general terms as you have not submitted photos. I recommend you see your surgeon who will help you explore your options. These may include further use of silastic sheeting, laser or even 'tincture of time,' as nearly all scars improve over months and years. All the best.

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon