Is There Hope for Another Revision Rhinoplasty? (Photo)

I had a revision rhinoplasty to fix my deviated septum. I wanted to keep the shape and size and only fix the deviation. A graft was placed (not from my body) but I was surprised that now my nose appears to have bad scar tissue, resulting in a "no shape" and bulbous nose. Could another revision fix my nose, for the last time? Or, will scar tissue keep forming? Can my nose be slimmed and defined? I live in Saudi, but I'm considering a revision in the states. Is there any surgeon you recommend?

Removing scar tissue to give definition to the nose can be difficult

+1

While it's true that some scar tissue will always form after any operation, the question is whether your scar tissue can be carved enough to give a meaningful improvement despite the new scar that can form. Sometimes the cartilages can still be modified to help with narrowing and defining, or adjusting or removing the graft could help.

Could you post larger photos, taken from many angles, and also let us know where the graft sits? That would help. 

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Without a consultation it is difficult to assess, however, if you visit an expert rhinoplasty surgeon, they will likely be able to help you get the look you desire with a revision rhinoplasty.

Is There Hope for Another Revision Rhinoplasty?

+1

It would be helpful to know where the cartilage graft was placed and the time that has elapsed after the revision rhinoplasty.  It may be reasonable to expect a smaller tip with a third surgery.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php