Is There Anything That Can Help This? Am I Too Far Gone for a TT and Breast Lift? (photo)

My body is in terrible shape. Can I be helped? I am 36 , 5'7" and I used to weigh 260 lbs and am now 180. I have lost the weight through diet and exercise. I have been stuck at 180 for 6 mths. I run 5mi per day 7 days a week and the "insanity" video 7 days a week. Diet is perfect. I feel like my belly is getting in the way of my continued success. I have had a hysterectomy, a 15lb tumor removed with a 12" verticle incision. 2 kds over 10lb. This what I look like under the clothes. Any advice. HELP!

You're not too far gone!

+3

No, you are NOT "too far gone"! A tummy tuck will help by removing the excess skin in your belly area. Often times patients experience  a renewed sense of confidence and are motivated to continue with their weight reduction goals. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon can guide you in the right direction.

You are a fabulous candidate for the proper cosmetic surgical procedures!

+3

Congratulations on your weight loss! If you are at your healthiest weight plateau and have stabilized here for some time, then you are ready for the appropriate cosmetic surgical procedures. If you are still capable of losing weight, your best results are achieved by not operating too soon and ending up needing more surgery as additional weight is lost and skin again loosens. You only want do to the surgical stuff once! But if you are at the weight your body wants to "live at," then pending medical clearance, you are ready for several cosmetic surgical procedures.

A tummy tuck (even an extended one including liposuction of the hips) will likely leave a significant amount of loose residual skin in the lateral thighs, hip rolls, and buttocks--sort of mega-dog ears--that will make you require/request a buttock lift/completion belt lift. So one consideration is that you seek information about a circumferential lower body lift at one stage. That's enough for one operation; though it seems appealing to have the "mommy makeover" and address abdomen AND breasts at the same time.

This would be true if you didn't need the hips, thighs, and buttock loose skin addressed at some point. Examination in person is the true determinant, but an experienced body lift surgeon (my partner and I have done over 260 as outpatient procedures, including removal of at least 31 pounds of loose skin and fat in one patient) can outline the pros and cons of this choice, and you will still need more surgery for your best results anyway.

Then you can undergo full breast lift, and address any other area of surgical concern at your second operation.

You look marvelous, and now is the time to reap the rewards of your healthy new look via plastic surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover is what you need!

+2

A mommy makeover is a combination of procedures performed to restore a women's body back to it's pre pregnancy condition.  It usually involves a tummy and a breast procedure, but is customized and individualized for each patient.  Liposuction, skin removal, muscle tightening, cellulite treatment, implant placement and lifting can all be part of the mommy makeover.

The best results are seen after your weight has been stable for at least 6 months.  So, you are ready for the procedure.  Based on your photos, but without a physical exam, I would recommend the following:

1. An asymmetric (your left breast is larger than the right) breast lift (mastopexy) or a small breast reduction (vertical incision).
  2. An extended abdominoplasty, which would include skin removal from the belly button to the pubic bone, the "muffin top" and into the hips.  This also includes fat removal from the flanks and the upper abdomen and repair of the rectus abdominis muscles.
  3. Post op cellulite treatment with Endermolgie (10 sessions) which includes not just the operated area, but the thighs, buttocks, back and arms.  We want to get rid of your bra line roll also.

You appear to be in good health, the procedure can be completed in one operation and can be performed as an outpatient.  I do recommend permanent sterilization prior to the procedure, you do not want to get pregnant after the procedure and ruin the results, we want the results to be permanent.  NO MORE sit ups needed!  Since you have had a hysterectomy, you are a candidate.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover and ideal weight

+2

I tell people, "You get to be as good as you can be." If you can lose more weight, great.  But you will still derive a significant benefit from what you want! I wouldn't operate on somebody really big, but you are fine...barring problems most people who look like you will love it!

Michael Decherd, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover will help.

+2

Congratulations on losing 80lbs! Although your result will be better if you can lose another 20lbs, you can still have a good result with mommy makeover at your current weight.  Most likely, you will need extended abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)  with liposuction and breast lift.  I recommend consulting with experienced board-certified plastic surgeon so that she/he can examine you and go over your options.  She/he will also review all potential risks, limitations, and alternatives. Best wishes with your surgery and recovery.

Sugene Kim, MD

Mommy Makeover May Help

+2

Thank you for your question and photos.

Congratulations on your weight loss! From the photos, it looks as if you may benefit from an extended tummy tuck and breast lifting surgery.  Generally, I ask patients to lose as much weight as possible and be at a stable, long term weight prior to surgery but there are some exceptions.  If you are at a point that diet and exercise are not helping and want to proceed with surgery, that may be an option as long as you understand that if you lose weight after the tummy tuck and breast surgery, there is a higher chance of needing revisionary surgery.

Meet with well experienced, board certified plastic surgeons who can show you examples of their work.

Am I Too Far Gone for a TT and Breast Lift?

+2

No!!

Great work on the 80 pounds lost, and you seem to have reached an appropriate weight. You should expect a rather dramatic improvement after a breast lift and TT.

The photos are quite helpful but not a substitute for a physical exam.

• The surgeon who examines you may recommend a vertical tummy tuck, which combines a lower abdominal incision with a vertical incision to remove excess tissue in both the horizontal and vertical axis.
  • Alternatively a "belt lipectomy" where the lower incision is carried all the way around the back might be suggested. 

Best way to find out more is to consult with a plastic surgeon. Thanks for the question, nd for the photos. Best wishes.

Mommy Makeover Would Work For You

+1

Your pictures strongly suggest that you would benefit form a mommy makeover. The mommy makeover is one of the most popular operations performed by plastic surgeons. The procedure is a combination of cosmetic breast surgery, liposuction and abdominoplasty. It has been designed to correct changes that occur normally with pregnancy.

Pregnancy has a significant impact on a women’s body. Obviously, as the abdomen enlarges, the skin becomes stretched and the muscles weakened. After pregnancy women are left with loose saggy skin with stretch marks and weakened abdominal muscles. In addition to this, they frequently have loss of breast volume with breast sag and fat accumulation of the hips and thighs.

Many women will attempt diet and exercise to reverse the changes associated with pregnancy. After multiple pregnancies this approach is usually unsuccessful. These changes can affect the patients self esteem, self confidence, self image, sexuality, feelings of femininity and how clothes fit.

Your pictures suggest that you would benefit from breast lift, abdominoplasty, and liposuction of the hips and thighs. This approach offers synergy, cost savings and one recovery. The procedure is associated with high satisfaction rates.

If you’re considering a mommy makeover it’s important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon. This surgeon should be able to correct your problem.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Is There Anything That Can Help This? Am I Too Far Gone for a TT and Breast Lift?

+1
Yes, you can benefit from proper interventions.  You have already achieved success with 80 pound weight loss.  You suggest that your weight has stabilized at this level, but if you could lose more weight and keep it off for several months at the lower level the results and safety would be even better for you.  You may consider staging procedures (not trying for the total makeover all at once) to increase your benefits as well.

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, FACS

Am I Too Far Gond For Cosmetic Body Sculpting?

+1

Congratulations on your 80-pound weight loss.  I am glad you did it with diet and exercise.  Keep up the good work. 

If I were your plastic surgeon, I would recommend a lower body lift (tummy tuck, buttocks and lateral thigh lift).  I would liposuction your upper and mid back and muffin tops, but postpone your breast surgery to a second stage.  With the breast surgery, I would also do liposuction of the residual fat on your abdomen. 

Cosmetic body scupturing to include skin resection would lift up your spirits and move you closer to your ultimate goal.  Ohio is reef with outstanding Board Certified plastic surgeons experienced in body sculpting.  Call three of them today and get started on the next leg of the new, trimmer, happier you. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon