Is There Anything I Can Do to Help Double Bubble 5 Weeks Out? (photo)

I am 5 wks postop from augmentation.About 3 weeks postop I have developed a double bubble.You can see my breast mound on top of my implant which appears to be slipping to low.My surgeon says it may get better it may not,sometimes it takes a while for the breast to "redrape" itself. This is not a good enough answer for me. I need to know what is causing it,will it go away and how does the breast redrape itself (if that is possible. I have sil implants dualplane plcment with some hang on the left

Is there anything I can do about a Double Bubble 5 weeks post op?

+1

Your surgeon may suggest surgical taping or a breast strap which can be placed under the breast for several weeks. Both measures are an attempt to get the fold to re "stick" down to the chest wall. You should be prepared always for the possibility of a revision 3-4 months post op if it does not improve.

Web reference: http://stlcosmeticsurgery.com/

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

? Double Bubble Post Augmentation

+1

It is way too early to make assumptions about the final result of your breat augmentation.  Your early results look good, even with the asymmetry you started with. It can take 3-6 months for implants to settle into their final shape.  There are methods for helping implants position themselves including selective use of underwire bras and taping.  Don't abandon the trust you placed in your surgeon so quickly.  Ler your surgeon guide you through this time.  Hope you get the result you wanted.

Web reference: http://www.maryleepetersmd.com

You probably needed a breast lift with your implants

+1

Looking at your pre-operative photos, you have significant breast asymmetry. Your left breast is more ptotic ("droop") than your right breast.  It is not surprising that you have a slight double bubble deformity. While your surgeon is right in saying you have to wait it out a bit to see the final results, I suspect this will get worse over the next six months.  You may have benefited from a small lift on the right breast at the same time as the augmentation.  I am not sure if this option was ever discussed with you. Regardless, if the double bubble persists (which I think it will), you can undergo a lift on the right without having to do anything to the implant. This can be done with an incision around the areola only. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.drschulmanplasticsurgery.com/breast/

Breast implants and double bubbles

+1

Your postoperative photos are not shot at appropriate angles to assess your current situation. Your preoperative photos show asymmetry with the left nipple lower than the right and I suspect your right fold was lower than the left. There is a hint of a double bubble on the left after surgery but I cannot tell what is going on on the right. It may be that your surgeon performed some maneuvers at surgery to get better symmetry and you are seeing the results of those maneuvers. It is impossible to know that given the paucity of details in your post and the fact that your surgeon currently knows more details about your breasts and surgery than any other doctor. I think you need to give this more time and if at some point you will need a revision you need to first speak with your surgeon. You are still early enough out from surgery that taping, bras etc. can help re-position the implants, improve the end result and make revision surgery unnecessary.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

You may need revision

+1
Your pictures does not show clearly the double bubble. You can see this better when you thighten chest muscle. The cause of the double bubble is inframmamary fold disruption. You need to follow up with surgeon. The best tome for revision is 3 months after surgery. There is not much you can do to help.
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Double Bubble Breast Augmentation

+1

Your breast augmentation looks pretty good.  You are 3 weeks after surgery and I would wait another month or two before any critical judgements are made.

Dr. ES

Breast Implants and "Double Bubble"?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although your anxiety is understandable I think it is in your best interest to follow your plastic surgeon's advise as opposed to the advice you may receive from online consultants. Your surgeon knows exactly what was done. Assuming your surgeon is a board-certified plastic surgeon I would suggest continued confidence in his/her  advice. Otherwise, you may develop even more anxiety as you are offered multiple different opinions from online consultants.

Overall, I think your surgeon's  statement that "time will tell' is accurate. Unfortunately, there are no  specific maneuvers that have been shown to be effective in changing the final appearance of the breasts.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Double bubble

+1

I would place you into an under-wire bra and have you wear it as much as possible, 23 hrs a day. I would continue that for at least 6 weeks and start as soon as you can. I have on occasion used sticky medical tape on your double bubble area too, but it needs to be changed frequently and can irritate the skin. I would also refrain from doing any lifting with your arms where your pectoral muscles would have to flex in order to decrease the pressure of the muscle.