15 days post Lower Blepharoplasty. What can I do to help dissolve the very dark and red bruising under my eyes? (photo)

This photo was taken with a lot of make up on

No good way to hasten resolution of bruising after lower eyelid surgery.

+2
There is nothing that will really significantly shorten the time it takes to resolve Bruising and swelling after lower eyelid surgery.

15 days post Lower Blepharoplasty. What can I do to help dissolve the very dark and red bruising under my eyes?

+2
Sometimes healing following lower lids take months. Best to follow up with your surgeon twice weekly. I recommend warm soaks and possible external RF therapies... 

Puffy

+1
PuffyBags: Thanks for your question.  Lower blepharoplasty probably causes more bruising than any other facial aesthetic surgery.  The bruising will resolve but it can be sped up by using intense pulsed light (IPL) on the area.  Make sure it is done conservatively as the dark color will absorb the light very well and if higher settings are used it can cause a burn.  Best of luck with your recovery. 

Garrett Griffin, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon