There is a hard lump directly below my incision after a corset lipoplasty and neck liposuction post op. Did my procedure work?

I'm a 40 year old man that had a corset lipoplasty procedure 7 days ago. I am wearing the compression garmet as long as I can. However, at night I remove it unknowingly. The skin incision under my chin has not closed but I believe the underlying skin has. There is a hard very mildly painful lump just under the incision site. I am concerned that I did not get a result from the procedure. It's difficult to tell because I can not (and assuming should not) shave until the incision fully heals.

Post neck surgery lump

+1
At one week lumps that you feel may be related to the corset or the sutures or scar tissue from the incision. Give it time to settle down.

Postoperative lump

+1
Is not unusual in the early stages after surgery to have a lump caused by postoperative swelling. The best thing to do is to contact your physician and get his or her opinion of this lump and if any intervention is appropriate at this time. But do not Panic everyone is swollen this soon after surgery and lumps are common.

Wendell Perry, MD