Are There Any Good Silicon Sheet to Reduce Keloids and Make Them Less Noticeable? (photo)

Hello, I'm 21 years old and I have keloids on my left shoulder blade in almost the size of a dime. I would like to know what is a good silicon sheets i can buy to reduce the size, i already my a gel that i used called Scarprin. I did help make the bigger one smaller than it used to be but i can only put it on when i get home from school which is usually around 4. The days i work i don't get home till 8 or 9 and i sleep at 11 so i have to wait for the gel to dry which takes about and hour or two.

Keloids on the back

+1

Silicone sheets may have limited utility for these keloid scars.  I would begin with a combination of IIT, lasers, and pressure therapy. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Reduce keloids

+1

Thank you for your question about your keloids.

• You actually have hypertrophic scars.
  • These are common anywhere that skin is thick.
  • Treatment is the same - but more successful - than for keloids.
  • You can buy silicone sheets on-line. Choose a site based in the USA.
  • Persistent hypertrophic scars also need steroid (triamcinolone) injections, done by plastic surgeons, dermatologists and primary care doctors. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD