Is There a Name for the Horizontal Crease in the Upper Lip? Is It an Inherited Trait?

I like the horizontal crease in my upper upper lip but would like to know if it has a name. Is it an inherited trait? Is a person born with this crease or does it develop over time? I don't recall noticing this when I was younger so maybe my sixties made me more self-aware.

Horizontal crease in upper lip

+1

Only a few of my patients have it, but there is no crease in the skin. Botox works fine to reduce it. If there is a skin crease in the skin itself, then botox with an ablative laser might be the best choice.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon