Is There Anything That Can Be Done for my Nose? (photo)

I feel like my nose is too wide across the bridge and there are two small bone humps that stick up. I also hate the fact that the end of my nose is so round like a ball and my nostrils are massive. However, I don’t like super skinny noses and I am concerned that with my nostrils being so large, going to anything smaller or more narrow would make me feel like I couldn’t get enough air. Is there anything that can be done for these problems and if so would these concerns be warranted?

Wide Nose

Hi Jessie.  

Your concerns are common and are amenable to rhinoplasty.

Most likely, an “open rhinoplasty” (where the soft tissues are gently elevated to allow direct access to the tip cartilages) will be required. These tip cartilages are then sculpted and sutured to refine the nasal tip. Osteotomies are required to reposition a wide nose closer to the midline.

If you like, please follow the link below. The article on Nasal Analysis contains many diagrams that you may find helpful. This may help guide your conversation with your surgeon.

Hope this is helpful. Best wishes.

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon