Is There Anything That Can Be Done for my Nose? (photo)

I feel like my nose is too wide across the bridge and there are two small bone humps that stick up. I also hate the fact that the end of my nose is so round like a ball and my nostrils are massive. However, I don’t like super skinny noses and I am concerned that with my nostrils being so large, going to anything smaller or more narrow would make me feel like I couldn’t get enough air. Is there anything that can be done for these problems and if so would these concerns be warranted?

Rhinoplasty can address multiple concerns

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure is customized to each person’s needs, wishes and anatomical facial features.  Osteotomies are performed to conservatively narrow the entire nasal bridge.  The bulbousness of the tip can be addressed with different tip techniques such as cartilage removal and/or sewing the tip cartilages together.  Any hump on the nasal bones along the bridge line can be conservatively rasped.  This can all be done through an endonasal or closed rhinoplasty approach without having to perform open rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty

+1

The photos you submitted are excellent and really give me a good idea regarding what  I would do if you were my patient.  I would reduce the tip cartilage to give the tip more definition. I would also perform nasal bone osteotomies {meaning I would break the bones with a small chisel) to narrow the nose. I think you would get a great result.  The most important decision you will make is selection of an experienced surgeon.  I would use   the closed rhinoplasty approach but the open technique would be fine also.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Subtle changes can give you a very nice result.  Narrowing the nose can be achieved.  Go to an experienced surgeon.  Good luck.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you may benefit from slight narrowing of the bridge.  You have a nice profile which fits your face.  I think the key it to keep the changes subtle - nothing too drastic

Sam Naficy, MD

Goal of Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Everything you have noted can be improved with rhinoplasty surgery by an experienced surgeon. By reducing the size and width your nose can be brought into proportion with the rest of your soft, defined facial features.

Subtle rhinoplasty question

+1
Hi there. You have a beautiful face, and your chin is fine unless you think it's not... Your profile is striking. You are absolutely correct in that the only non harmonious aspect of your face is your nose from the front and three quarter view. You are articulate in what you are hoping to achieve. Consult some expert rhinoplasty surgeons in your area, be articulate, and it's highly likely you'll have a very successful rhinoplasty experience and your goals met. Good luck.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

What can be done for your nose

+1

You are a surgeon's dream. Attractive face and appropriate concerns. Nothing severe about your nose. You should get a great result. Go get some opinions and go for it. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Is There Anything That Can Be Done for my Nose?

+1

Aesthetically, the bridge is wide as is the nasal tip.  Rhinoplasty can be used to narrow both areas a little or more, depending on what you're specifically looking for.  In selecting your Rhinoplasty Surgeon, be sure he/she understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and face.

Warning! Do not get a rhinoplasty without addressing your chin!

+1

The answer is yes, but be very careful!  your complaint is in regard to what is called a boxy tip.  The tip cartilages are splayed apart.  This can be corrected by carefully suturing them back together. As far as the nostrils splaying when you smile, this is really the same problem, you dont have enough tip support and your tip is actually collapsing when you smile.  Your nostril asymmetry is also related.  You need what is called a columellar strut which will help adjust the angle of your nose, give it support and allow the lower lateral cartilages to be sutured appropriately.  As far as your breathing concerns, you should actually breath better after a well performed rhinopasty(you may need something called a spreader graft for the dorsum of your nose). 

BUT BEWARE:  I would warn you however to stay away from a rhinoplasty that does not include an operation to address your chin.  The nose and chin are tied together aesthetically and in your face a rhinoplasty without a reductive genioplasty especially in the vertical plane will not likely deliver a beautiful result.  Even the best executed rhinoplasty will not look quite right if your chin is not corrected.  your chin should be shortened vertically about 8mm and taken back horizontally a few mms.

I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Rhinoplasty to narrow bridge, tip and nostrils, et

+1

All of these things can be done without compromising your airway. If you go to an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does marital noses you should get what you want--a natural prettier nose.