Is There a Way for Me to Have Closer Breasts Without the Aid of a Push Up Bra? (photo)

I'm 1 month PO. I adore my new breasts! I love the size and shape. They are so close to perfection. All I wish is for them to be a wee bit closer together, without the aid of a push up bra. Are larger/wider implants the only option? I would feel comfortable going slightly larger, but cost is an issue. Please note I do praise the surgeon. He is very highly renowned. I understand he's done a fabulous job & that my anatomy may be making it difficult to achieve very close breasts. Thnk you.

Breast Implants Closer Together

As others have stated it is too early after your surgery to evaluate your results. Your Breast Implants are still high and will settle. As they fall you may get more medial fullness as the pocket stretches and the implant becomes wider and fuller under the gland.

You can help this process by doing breast implant displacement exercises. Moving the implant around by squeezing up and down, pushing both implants toward each other, and pressing down against your chest and implant with the flattened palm of your hand will stretch the pocket and hopefully improve the final position.

With time many implants move away from the cleavage as scar tissue tightens, That is why it is so important to work hard now to keep the Breast Implant pocket large and the implant mobile.

You have a great result which will get even better over time

You are only one month after your surgery.    Your implants will continue to settle and soften over the next few months until you see the final result.  In the mean time, as you pointed out, your own anatomy is the limiting factor. The implants should be sitting behind the nipples and they are.  Placing them closer to the middle would make your breasts look worse, so yes push up bra is your friend.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Can my breasts be closer together? (photos)

Things will get better (softer, more natural, easier to push together with bra) as swelling resolves and skin envelope expands.  Normal intermammary distance about 2.5 cm, and yours appears to be less.  You answered your own question, and have a great result.

Steve Laverson, MD

Can my breasts touch without a bra?

In general I think time will help you out more than anything. Your implants need more time to drop and settle into position. Once this happens you will notice more projection and creating cleavage will be easier. It's quite rare for breasts to touch centrally without a bra and while I think the will settle closer it's hard to tell this early. Your anatomy is the main player here and a revision breast aug would be a bad idea in my opinion. Patience is a virtue. All the best, Dr Kerr

Cleavage without a bra

It sounds like you already have the right concepts in mind.  I tell my patients that standing cleavage (without a bra) is usually impossible to achieve and that all augmented patients should expect to continue to need a bra to attain a nice cleavage line.  Larger implants or a more central dissection of your implant pockets will not improve your look.  You will just look more unnatural and possibly suffer from symmastia (the appearance of connected breasts) which is very difficult to correct.  You look wonderful and I am glad you are happy with the result. 

Closer breasts?

Even with implants, your anatomy will limit how medial the breasts will look.  Not everyone can have deep cleavage.  It may get a bit better with time as the tissues stretch.

More cleavage after a breast augmentation

Trying to get cleavage with an implant will firstly lead to an unnatural appearance that does not exist without a bra. Secondly, in the attempt to do so, the skin over the sternum can be over-elevated and leave you with a synmastia which is very difficult to repair.

Julio Garcia, MD

Perfection after breast augmentation

So close to perfection is about as close as you should try to get. Your breast will continue to improve over time, and it is not realistic to think that your 'natural' breast will not need different bras for different occasions and seasons.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Close cleavage

Thank you for the photos. You answered your own question -NO. Any closer and you risk a uniboob! You are 1 month out from surgery, and still look a little tight. Your tissues will relax over the next 6-12 months and I believe your cleavage will improve as well. Be patient, do not get larger implants.

Close as it gets

You are as close as it gets now so don't do any more surgery as you carry the risk of ruining your nice result with a unibreast which is terribly hard to fix.  So be happy and choose garments to accentuate the result not doing a revision.