Is There Any Other Way I Can Fix my Crooked Nose Except from Rhinoplasty?

I'm really nervous about my crooked nose, I'm only 15 so I can't have a rhinoplasty now. I've tried a lot with massage but is seems it didn't really work. I've never had a short nose, but when I was 6 years old I broke my nose, but the bone didn't break, only cartilage. I've never wanted to have a rhinoplasty and I would like to know if there is any other way to fix my nose. Thank you.

+1

Please share this answer with your parents.  No amount of massage or any other manipulation will cause crooked nasal bones and cartilage to straighten.  It would take surgical manipulation with a Rhinoplasty.

Is there a way to fix a crooked nose other than rhinoplasty?

+1

In general, rhinoplasty surgery is the only way to correct a crooked nose. Fracturing the nasal bones would be necessary to straighten the nose. It is not possible to get the nose 100% straight, but great improvements can be made. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Is there a way to fix a crooked nose besides rhinoplasty?

+1

The only way to fix a crooked nose is with surgery. Fracturing of the nasal bones (osteotomies) are necessary. Massage will not help fix the appearance of the nose. This is a technique sometimes used after surgery to reduce the amount of swelling in the area. Sometimes surgeons use filler to improve the appearance of the nose. This is referred to as a non-surgical rhinoplasty. However, filler can only be used to:

1) Mildly lift a drooping tip
2) Augment the nasal dorsum
3)  Fill in depression or asymmetries

Only a small amount of filler may be used and it must be injected slowly to limit the associated risks, which include asymmetry and necrosis, or death of the tissue. If you wanted to in the future, a consultation with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist would be a good next step. In general, the minimum recommended age to have rhinoplasty performed is 16 years of age for boys and 15 for girls. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose and rhinoplasty

+1

There is no way to fix a crooked nose without performing surgery on it.  UYou may not require a  formal rhinoplasty, since only  your cartilages  are crooked. To repair crooked and deviated cartilages of the nose  may require harvesting a small piece of cartilage from the inside of the nose and placing a spreader graft in the concave upper lateral cartilage. Without pictures, examination and consultation it's impossible to determine if this should be performed. Even though this is not a full rhinoplasty, it is still surgery which requires general anesthesia and parental consent.

Crooked nose and not getting a rhinoplasty to fix it?

+1

If you have a significantly crooked nose, then the only way to really fix it would be to have surgery. I would only be able to tell for sure with an exam which you would hvae to get permission from a parent.

+1

Unfortunately, your best and only option to straighten a crooked nose is rhinoplasty. There are different surgical maneuvers depending upon exactly what is deviated. However, surgery is the only way to reliably straighten a deviated nose once it has healed from the initial injury. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fixing Crooked Nose

+1

Surgery is the best way to fix a crooked nose. Most 15 year old young ladies have a physically mature nose that can be improved with parental consent.  For men we usually recommend waiting until they are 16-18.

Fixing Crooked Nose Without Rhinoplasty

+1

Unfortunately, there are no real methods to correct a crooked nose without rhinoplasty and/or septoplasty.  Filler can sometimes be used to camouflage irregularities, but this has limited applications.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA