Is There a Filler That Can Fix the Hollowness? (photo)

Im 30, currently following a very strict diet to lose a lot of weight, about 30 kg or 66 lbs but I'm afraid that losing that much weight will make look older in my face and cause hollowness in the lower cheek area. I have added this picture as a example of a younger and older version of gillian anderson. Is there any procedure that can return the volume like it used to be? What causes this? And how do you return the lost volume? implants in that area are impossible in that area? what can be done

Hollow Cheeks Respond Well To Nonsurgical Mid Face Rejuvenation

+1

A good way to determine whether someone might benefit from nonsurgically revolumizing the cheeks and the hollows of the mid-face region is to ask them to smile. If the smile lifts the fallen tissue back into place and rounds the contours of the cheeks making them appear more youthful, it is a good indication that nonsurgically volumizing the above regions with injectable volumizing agents, would yield immediate, durable, and gratifying results.

For nonsurgically augmenting cheeks, I prefer to use Radiesse or Radiesse combined with Perlane L. I rely on these agents for these purposes in my Upper East Side New York City practice. In Israel, where I have a satellite office and where a far greater number of more robust volumizing fillers are available, I prefer to use Juvederm Voluma or Stylage XXL, either alone or in combination with Radiesse or Restylane SubQ..

The use of cannulas allow the material to be introduced from one small anesthetized site and layered throughout the entire target area to lift, raise and smooth the hollows. Results tend to be immediate and gratifying and bruising and swelling tend to minimal when performed in this manner. It goes without saying that consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with extensive experience in treating this region is a must.

Filler for cheek volume

+1

There are many different filler options that can be used to restore a more youthful volume. I see this often in very active, thin women or women losing weight rapidly. I generally recommend to most patients, that we hold off on fillers or intervention until your weight has stabilized. that way we know what areas need the most attention. Collagen stimulators (like Sculptra) can work wonders in these areas since they rely on the body's own production of collagen to boost midfacial volume. Make sure you are understanding your surgeon's perspective before embarking on these interventions to get the best result. Best of luck with the new regimen and with any intervention you seek!

Anita Sethna, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon