Are There Any Other Fees/charges when Getting Lip Injections?

I just got my lips done with Juvederm XC and I was charged $600 for 1 syringe plus $200 for doctors fees(?) I wasn't aware that I would have to pay for my visit on top of the Juvederm XC. Is this a common thing that surgeons do? Thanks.

Pricing for lip augmentation with Juvederm

+1

It's not a typical way to charge, as most offices will have transparent pricing, but each office sets their own policies with regards to pricing.  

Fees for Fillers

+1

Every office has different policies for procedures performed in the office. When making an appointment, inquire about the fees required for your visit.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Juvederm lips charges doctors fees

+1

Yes indeed all doctors offices are different. Perhaps he Charges for the product and his time. In reality you shoul always be aware of the policy and procedures that ech office has. 

Janice Lima-Maribona, DO
Miami Dermatologist

Fees for Fillers

+1

Every doctor's office is different on how they charge. It's a shame you were not told up front prior to the treatment. Some offices also charge for numbing cream and the block if you get one.I don't charge extra for these things.

Is it possible you asked other questions while in the office? It might have been an office fee for talking about other topics.Sometimes patients think  the visit includes discussing a laundry list of questions about many other issues.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Fees for fillers

+1

Every doctor's office does it a bit differently.  You should know the fees in advance so it is not confusing and you knwo what you are dealing with.

The STRANGE calculation of Doctors Fees

+1

I have endlessly been amazed with the bizarre calculation of doctors fees.    First and foremost you should have never been charged a doctors fee.  This is completely unusual.  I hope you were told up front that the charge would be $700.  If not, you should refuse to pay the additional $200.   Why the big mystery and hidden conniving.  I believe every patient should be told BEFORE the procedure exactly what the cost will be.  EXACTLY.  You may want to consider a different office.  I certainly would.   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Fees with Juvederm lip injection

+1

Different offices may have different ways of charging patients for fillers, like Juvederm.  As with your doctor, some may have separate charges for the the product used and a fee for the injection.  In my office, with most of the fillers, the price quoted is the total (product cost plus treatment fee).  To be on the safe side, next time you are treated somewhere, be sure to ask if the cost includes the treatment fee or not.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Meidcal charges

+1

The cost for any medical procedure should be discussed openly and fully prior to the procedure. That should include all costs and charges. In case of fillers that includes the total cost and how many syringes are to be used. An informed consent should be obtained from the patient prior to any procedure including fillers, Botox, and any surgical procedure.