Is There Always Fat Available to Remove on the Mons Pubis? Can It Go Wrong?

My whole life I have had a bulky mound and it has been a huge source of embarrassment. I can't even wear a bathing suit in public and I'm only 27. My mons feels bony, but it also feels like there is some fatty cushion on top - but not a lot. Is there always fat available to remove from that area? Even if it goes down by 20% I would be happy. I don't have excess skin. Never had kids. Would a photo of my mons help? Also, how bad can the swelling get? Will I look even more like a dude down there?

Flattening of the Mons

+2

Yes, it can easily be done in the office under a local anesthesia, there is always some fat on the mons that can be removed and I make liposuction of the mons a standard part of my TummyTuck surgery. Good luck

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

The mons pubis does great with liposuction.

+2

Flattening down the mons pubis is commonly and easily done under local anesthesia for roughly $2500. You don't have to worry about any big risks and you are back to work the very next day. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat in the mons pubis

+2

The bulge in the mons is indeed a source of embarrasssment and though the fat is often very modest, liposuction can reduce the bulge for most. We like to use ultrasound to directly break up the tissue, and use a belly button approach. Laser lipo may also work well though we find the area to be very small to work within and the energy of the ultrasound very effective. You will swell considerably, and a support type boy short or a shaper, such as a Spanx, will keep things managable.

Liposuction of Mons Pubis

+2

Good Morning Alcat,

Excellent question.  Practicing in South Florida I am asked to address the bulge in the mons pubis (the area underlying the hair bearing region in the genital area) quite often as it is a significant issue in a bikini.  If you have good skin elasticity and some fat in this area then you would be an excellent candidate for liposuction. When I perform liposuction, particularly on women, I try to contour this area to eliminate the 'bulge' that is noticeable in certain clothing.  I have found that most women have some fat in this area that is responsible for the bulge and I am able to contour this area nicely.

Best wishes!!!!!!!

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of Mons Pubis

+2

Thanks for posting your question.  Liposuction of the mons is a common procedure and in the hands of a well-trained board-certified plastic surgeon can produce nice results.  I suggest you have a formal consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to get specific options for you.  As for swelling, you can get a good deal of swelling but keep in mind that this is very temporary.  Best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of Mons Pubis

+2

Based on your description, you may be a good candidate for liposuction  of the moms pubis area.  Of course, this determination will be best made after physical examination. Given that you do not have “excess skin” and no history of pregnancy,  liposuction surgery will likely work nicely.  You will certainly have swelling after the procedure;  I do not think that it will be to the point where you look like a “dude”. I tell patients that they can expect to see the final results of surgery 3 months afterwards.

Mons Pubis Liposuction

+1

Mons liposuction can be very effective and the area usually heals well without any contour irregularity. Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Mons Fatq

+1

Physical exam is the best way to tell. If you have excess fat there it can easily be removed with liposuction.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Lipo to the Mons-High patient satisfaction

+1

Hi Alcat-

We perform this procedure regularly in conjunction with "tummy tucks" and here in our office using by mouth medications for sedation and local injection of the area for numbing.  This is a very successful procedure with minimal complications, easy recovery and a high rate of patient satisfaction.  Swelling is variable, but generally any significant swelling does not last longer than 4 weeks.  Having this performed would likely allow you to be comfortable wearing a bathing suit in public and you deserve that!  Good luck and thank you for your question.   

Tanya Aya Atagi, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Mons Pubis Liposuction Reduction

+1

Reduction of a prominent mons pubic area can usually be reduced by liposuction. It can be remarkably effective at flattening it and eliminating its prominence. It is a relatively simple procedure that, other than some temporary swelling, causes minimal discomfort and a quick return to all activities.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD