Is There Any Way to Make Eyes Wider? (photo)

I have a thin almond eye. I'd prefer to remain a thin almond shaped eye but I want to know if I can widen my eyes, so that they can fit my face. If this is possible, what is the limit for eye widening? I really don't want to widen them too much just a noticeable amount.

Making Eyes Wider

+1

Thank you for your question. You will need an eye evaluation by an Oculoplastic surgeon, and or a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who does eyes, and have the options presented to you with the benefits and risks laid out.  Then you can make a more informed decision. Sometimes,  Botox in the lower eyelid can produce a minor widening effect which may be an option. Discuss your expectations with your physician. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Please post photos

+1

It is difficult for us to assess exactly what you mean by making "eyes wider". Do you mean more open vertically? This can be done by eyelid ptosis repair. This may or  may not include removing some skin from the eyelid [blepharoplasty], but they are very different procedures.

Please post photos and if you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid Surgery can make Eyes Appear Wider

+1

Eyelid surgery can make eyes appear wider by changing the frame around the eye.  Removing the extra skin and fat can have a dramatic effect on the appearance of the eye, making it appear wider, brighter, and can even contribute to shaping the eye.

For some patients, a brow lift may be an important component in achieving the optimal aesthetic goal.

During consultation, your surgeon can help define your specific needs and goals and determine if you are a good candidate for a procedure. 

Be sure to choose someone with lots of eyelid surgery experience and a reputation for excellence; proper Board Certification is an important criterion.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Is There Any Way to Make Eyes Wider?

+1

Without photos we have no idea what the shape of your eye is and it would not be possible to make any commonts or suggestions.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Making eyes wider

+1

When upper eyelid surgery is performed, a portion of the skin there is removed which can help to make the eye appear more open and wider.  The limit of the amount of skin removed is based primarily on the eye closure.  If too much skin is removed, it can prevent the eye from closing completely, which is obviously not a good thing.  Without seeing you in person or at least seeing pictures, it's impossible to know if you're a candidate for this type of surgery.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon