Is There a Eye Enhancement Surgery Without Blades/cutting?

The length of my eyes is shorter than average and I intend on getting surgery but I'm scared of going through blades and I heard from somebody that there is some kind of eye enhancing surgery just by pulling muscles or something like that. Is there any form of eye enlarging surgery without the use of knives?

There are different non-surgical procedures that can be used to change the shape of the eyes

+1

There are different non-surgical procedures that can be used to change the shape of the eyes. Botox can be used by relaxing the muscle that closes the eye causing the eyes to appear a bit more open.  This is commonly done for patients who want the eyes to appear more open, but are not interested in surgery or are not good candidates for surgery. Also, Ultherapy can be used around the eyes to help change the shape of the eyes slightly or to lift the brows. And, it is FDA approved for brow lifting which can also change the appearance of the eyes.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eye Enhancement Surgery Without Blades/Cutting?

+1

While there may be some new procedure that is being promoted for this result, I am not aware of any non-surgical procedure like you describe.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Enlarge the eyes with Botox

+1

For patients who are interested in widening the opening of their eyes, Botox may be placed in the muscle just under the eye. This serves to relax the muscle that surrounds the eye and makes it look wider. This is not for everyone, and should not be used in someone who has a very lax or sagging lower eyelid. Consult your physician to see if you are a candidate for this.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Dr. Amadi has already made some very salient points. I would add that rarely Botox can be used to temporarily change the shape of the eye or the "size" of the eye but this needs to be very conservative. The results last about three months but care must be taken to prevent drooping of the eyelids after Botox treatment. An in person consultation would be required to determine if you are a candidate for any surgical or non-surgical options.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not sure what you are asking..

+1

Your question is very vague and without photos, it is virtually impossible to give you a good answer. You cannot change the shape of your eyes without some sort of surgery. Whether the incision is external [through skin] or internal [on the internal surface of the eyelids], it still involves cutting.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon