Are there "Extended square chin implants" with lateral augmentation only? (Photo)

I recently got a chin implant that I do not like and want replaced. It is crooked and it made my oval face long-looking from the anterior point of view. I am however satified with how it looks from profile view. 1. What "extended square chin implant" models are there available that only offer lateral augmentation ( and not anterior)? 2. Are "extended square chin implants" the most desirable for men or are there better? 3. Would one say that this medium-sized implant is way too big for my face?

Revision of Chin Implant

+1
Yes, your chin augmentation surgery will require a revision as the implant is asymmetric.  I would suggest an extended anatomic implant which will provide you with the lateral augmentation you are looking for.  The extended anatomic implant provides males with an attractive "square" jawline.  I would suggest a silicone implant, such as the Implantech Conform device.  Good Luck

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lateral projection chin implants

+1
The answer to your question is yes.  There are chin implant that extend along the boarder of the mandible thus making the entire jaw look more wide.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant Replacement

+1
It is pretty hard to judge your chin implant results based on these partial pictures but it clearly is asymmetric. The terms you are using suggest that these are Medpor implants rather than silicone. Know that every single chin implant of any material can be modified during surgery to change its shape and dimensions to be customized to any patient's needs. Not that you know what does look good on your face, this information should be helpful in making a new and better selection. I would first start by having some computer imaging done to see what changes would work best with your face.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD