Is There Such a Thing As Extended Anatomical SQUARE Chin Implant?

Hi, I'm looking to get an extended anatomical chin implant to get some vertical projection but I would also like my chin to be made mode square like. Is there such a thing? Also, how much projection can a extended anatomical chin implant give?

There are square chin implants

+1

There are certainly a number of different shapes of chin implants available, and there are two that I can think of that will certainly create a square shape to the chin.  Both are extended anatomical implants, meaning that they fit the anatomical shape of the mandible, or jaw bone, and they extend more to the side of the chin than a simple chin implant.  This creates fullness not only in the chin but also in the area in front of the jowls called the "pre-jowl hollow" or "pre-jowl sulcus."  The type of implants that I would suggest for a more square shape to the jaw are called Terino implants, and they come in a Terino I and Terino II shape, depending upon the amount of forward, or anterior, projection desired, and the amount of "squareness" to the jaw.  Check out the link I added below for pictures to help you visualize the shapes.  I hope that helps, good luck.

Chin implants come in all shapes and sizes

+1

There are implants that can both extend a chin as well as make it look more square. The company I use has over 6 styles of chin implants in 5 sizes each. Two of these are square implants. However all of these implants can project a chin forward and outward but not lengthen the height of a chin. In order to add more height you may need what is called orthognathic surgery where the bone is actually cut and can be extended in any direction.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Square chin implant

+1

There is a chin implant that will give a sqare look to the chin and it can be placed in a way to make the chin look longer. However it is not an extended anatomical chin implant. It is a central chin implant that has 2 ball-like projections that give the square look. If you send another request for information, I can send some pictures I will take of the implant.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implants Currently Have No Vertical Lengthening Effect

+1

There are no current styles of chin implants from any manufacturer that will provide vertical elongation. All provide a horizontal increase only. A minor amount of vertical chin lengthening may be achieved if the implant is placed very low on the bone and screwed into that position. There are different widths of square chin implants that can be adjusted by vertical sectioning of the implant if needed.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin implants

+1

Chin implants come in a variety of forms, sizes and shapes which will ultimately depend upon the patient's individual needs and desires  when implanted.  A more square styled chin implant can be used for the appropriate sized amount of augmentation. Try virtual imaging software our website to give yourself an idea of what you might like.

Square chin implants

+1

There are a few different styles of chin implants that are used to make the chin more square.  They come in different sizes and shapes.  At the time of a consultation, a determination could be made as to which shapes and sizes would work best to help you achieve your goal.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon