Is There a Way to Estimate What Size I'll Be After my Breast Augmentation? (photo)

I had my breast augmentation 6/1/12. I had 400cc saline mod+ implants put in under the muscle. I was told that this should put me in the low D range as I started at a deflated A. I was wondering if there is a way to estimate what range I may be in once healed? I am 5 foot and 103lbs.

We can roughly estimate the cup size

+1

Although the exact measurement of a "cup size" is specific and involves measuring chest circumference and circumference of breast and chest most cup size estimates have a certain amount of subjectivity since it depends on the bra size that the person prefers to wear and the manufacturer chooses to list.  A 400ml implant would generally take you into the C cup range if you are starting out at an A cup.  The actual cup size that your bra will state will vary and in fact if you shop at V.S. there may be a chance that the cup size the bra you choose will say will be in the D cup range.

Dr Remus Repta

Is There a Way to Estimate What Size I'll Be After my Breast Augmentation?

+1

There is no way to accurately estimate what size you will be after surgery.

Patients often fell to large immediately after surgery ,then as swelling subsides,and the patient gets used to their size ,they often feel too small .Asymmetry is also often a problem

For these reasons I use the  adjustable saline breast implant (Spectrum) that can be adjusted after surgery so that you can have input into the final size

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

+1

The posted photos show a well healed breast implant. The size is what you have now after 6 weeks of healing. Hope you are happy. 

Breast Cup Size after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Unfortunately,  no plastic surgeon is able to accurately predict what cup size you will end up wearing after breast augmentation with a certain size implant. I  suggest that patients not base communication of goals  or satisfaction with the results of surgery on achieving a specific cup size.As you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I would respectfully suggest that you understand that “estimations” at this point are unhelpful. Only on going time will tell exactly what cup size you will end up ( and even this will be somewhat arbitrary given that cup sizes will vary from one bra manufacturer to another).

In other words, it is difficult to predict exactly how the breasts will change;  many of my patients report that they feel their breasts  appear larger as time goes by and the breast implants “drop and fluff”.
Enjoy your “new additions”, continue to be patient, and follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Your size is what you see. Bra cup size is extremely variable, and meaningless.

+1

Kat, I think you asked another question about 500-550cc implants perhaps being "too big" for your frame. Based on these photos (thanks for including), you look pretty full, and I'm not sure your anatomy can handle any additional volume, at least in the near future. Once everything has healed, softened, and settled from this operation (which looks nicely done, BTW) for 6-12 months, perhaps slightly larger high profile implants would be possible.

Possible, but not necessarily advisable. Only time and seeing how you like this size will tell.

For now, if you like your size and appearance, once your surgeon OKs wearing a bra, then buy cute bras that fit well and look great. Forget what letter(s) are on the label. They are for reference only, and vary between bra manufacturers even more than shoe sizes.

Follow your surgeon's recommendations and enjoy what looks like a good result. Best wishes Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon