Are there effective non-surgical methods to remove internal scar tissue after a transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty? (photo)

I had a transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty 6 months ago. One of my eyes is now a different shape and won't close as much as the other when I smile. It looks very weird to me and makes me self-conscious. My doctor said it would resolve, but it looked exactly the same as it does now one month post-op. I have massaged the area daily. I don't have any money to have another surgery to fix it. I really want my eyes to look symmetrical again.

Asymmetry following blepharoplasty

+1
It is much too difficult to tell what the problem is by this picture. I do see the asymmetry that you are talking about but it is hard to put a finger on why it looks this way. The very best thing that you can do is to go back to the surgeon who did your surgery in the first place and tell him/her your concerns. (I am assuming that your initial surgeon was a board certified plastic surgeon...) It is very likely that time and massage will give you the result you want. Often times swelling in the immediate postoperative period can make things look less than perfect and with time and patience, they will get better. Allow 6 to 8 months before you start to intervene or you will not know what procedure cause what problem.

Good luck. I hope this helps!!

New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Are there effective non-surgical methods to remove internal scar tissue after a transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty?

+1
Over the internet with this very hard to diagnose issue you are better served to seek ONLY IN PERSON evaluations from surgeons! 

IT is hard to tell from these pictures exactly what is going on.

+1
IT looks like you have a ptosis of the right upper eyelid.  Did you have your uppers done too?  In the after picture, the lower lids look to be at about the same height, but the right upper lid looks half closed.  You should see an oculoplastic surgeon to evaluate the lid height.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after lower bleph

+1
Its hard to tell for sure from your photos, but it looks like one of the lower eyelids is much higher than the other. A low dose of botox into the eyelid that is too high can often help lower the eyelid position and improve symmetry.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon