Is There Anything That Can Be Down About Depressed Scarring from a Brow-lift? (photo)

In 2005 I had brow-lift surgery where incisions were made just above each eyebrow. Now I have depressions along the top of each eyebrow where the incisions were, which looks very made. When I frown the muscles on the inside of each eyebrow above the nose pull making the depressions even more pronounced. Having this surgery was the worse thing I have ever done, and is causing me to be extremely self conscious and I get older.

Fat grafting will often not only lift your scar and fill in the defect from your brow lift

+1

While it is hard to tell for sure about your brow lift scars since the photos are not really optimal I believe that they may be improved with some fat grafting under your scar and into your lateral eye brow and temporal fossa. Fat grafting will lift your scar, fill in the contour depression and improve the skin texture. 

Web reference: http://drlentz.com

Direct Browlift (Incision above the eyebrows) Incisions

+1

Fraxel treatments may help the depressed scars from a direct browlift appear less noticeable. I usually plan on 4 to 6 treatments to remodel the scars. Thereafter, superficial injections with the new gel filler, called Belotero, can also help to make the incisions less depressed.

Muscle relaxants, such as Botox, are also helpful before the Fraxel treatments. This keeps the skin from wrinkling while the new collagen is forming.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Depressed Scars after Direct Brow Lift

+1

You definitely have options.  First the scar can be revised.  In addition, the brow can be lifted again and the central forehead wrinkling can be addressed as well.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facial procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Direct brow lift scars

+1

Dear Tomd3, I perform a lot of brow lift procedures and it is a very successful operation with extremely high patient satisfaction when done with the proper technique. I undermine to the malar region allowing the brow and mid face to be shifted into it's prior pre aging position. Personally I do not use this direct brow lift technique and prefer an endoscopic brow lift for it's natural appearance and lack of any visible incisions. With that said you may benefit from a scar revision or possibly just botox injections alone may provide some improvement by reducing mobility. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://michaelelammd.com

Scar Revision

+1

Direct Brow Pexy can be very helpful in males. The quality of the scar is usually very good.  Your scars are depressed and would benefit from revision. Seek consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon. All the best.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Scar above brows unsatisfactory

+1

This type of brow lift is not commonly done, but can be very effective and long lasting in raising the position of the eyebrow. It is difficult to get a clear picture based on your photograph, but it would seem that this area can be improved. Scar revision may be helpful, but it is also the case that Botox and Juvederm can be useful in improving the depression and limiting movement of this area.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation to explore your options.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Depressed Scars after Direct Brow Lift

+1

The depression of your scars should be able to be improved with a revision of the scars.  The scar tissue that is there should be able to be used to buttress the scar to keep the new scar from becoming depressed.

Scar Revision

+1

I cannot believe that surgeons still utilize this approach for a Foreheadplasty. Your concerns are quite common after such a procedure. You most likely will require additional surgery of a Scar Revision with advancement of the scar to the eyebrow. However, the scar most likely still will still be visible. please discuss your dissatisfaction with your surgeon. If they are of no assistance then, consider a consult with one of the many members of the ASAPS in your area. They are experts in corrective cosmetic surgery.  Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Scars over eyebrows after brow lift

+1

Your scars seem to match you skin in color but are depressed.  A hyaluronic filler like Juverderm could raise the skin under the area, but would need to be repeated at intervals.  This may relieve the deformity to your satisfaction.

The accentuation of the scars with scowling and expression could be relieved with Botox or another "tox" like Dysport or Xeomin and likewise would need to be repeated at intervals.  The toxin would have the effect of giving you a more relaxed look as an extra benefit.  Over time, if done at consistent intervals, the requirement for the Botox typically needs less of a dose and can be stretched over longer intervals.

Good luck.  I think you can find a solution that will give you some satisfaction.

Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Scar excision

+1

This is a tough situation. The brow skin is quite thick and needs to be everted at this incision site. At this point your only option is to excise the scar and repeat the closure with better eversion.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon