Are There Any Doctors on the West Coast Who Perform an Extended Mini Tummy Tuck?

I have had the hardest time searching for plastic surgeons who perform either a hybrid tummy tuck or an extended mini tummy tuck. I am in need of full fascia tightening (1 finger diastasis) and repair of an umbilical hernia, I have minimal loose skin, but cannot handle the tummy pooch that makes me look 3 mos prego, I am 9 mos pp and @ at 14-16% body fat and want to get my midsection back to competition shape, please help!

Hi There,

Here is a link to the board certified doctors in your area who are qualified to perform Tummy Tucks.

Hopefully this helps!

The Mini-Tummy Tuck: Muscle Repair and Skin Tighening

+2

The mini-tummy tuck is a procedure in which the abdominal skin below the belly button is tightened and the muscle in this area is tightened as well.  The procedure does not involve tightening the skin above the belly button directly.  If muscle repair is required above the belly button, this can be done with a small incision in the belly button base, which heals well and rarely shows when healed.  If the muscle repair goes above the belly button, the procedure is really a modified tummy tuck.  Our practice offers extended procedures for tummy tuck and mini-tummy tuck.

You may be searching for an endoscopic tummy tuck

+2

If you have abdominal wall laxity but little or nor excess skin laxity then all that you would theoretically need to improve the shape and appearance of your abdomen is tightening of the abdominal wall, sometime called muscle repair or muscle plication.  This can be done through two small incision, one in your belly button, the other at your pubic bone using long narrow instruments.  This procedure is sometimes referred to as an endoscopic tummy tuck.  It is relatively rare as few patient do not have some laxity that they would also like removed but it can be a very good procedure for ideal patients.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Extended Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

It sounds like the best thing to do is see a Board Certified plastic surgeon who can determine the best option for you. You can use the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website to find one. 

The term "extended mini tummy tuck" really doesn't help define the operation since "extended" and "mini" are considered opposite terms. 

Once you are examined by a plastic surgeon, it will be easier to figure out what to do.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon