Is There Any Doctor Performing the Scarless Breastlift Here in WA? (Photo)

I have seen Dr Horndeski's reviews and photos. This looks amazing. Even women with significant sagging seem to have impressive lift and pretty shape without the scars. I have seen one Dr so far, he says that I am not a good candidate for a reduction but rather need a lift. I want to feel pretty and confident undressed like when I was young. I fear that the scars will be a trade from sad about sagging deflated breasts to sad about scars. Texas is a mighty long haul for surgery... Please advise.

Creating an aesthetic breast shape and contour

+1

There are many variations of breast lift surgery but all require incisions on the breasts to remove excess skin.  It is really just a complex geometry project to create an aesthetic breast shape and contour.  

Is There Any Doctor Performing the Scarless Breastlift Here in WA?

+1

The scars would be around the areolae and in the groove.  This can be done without great difficulty, but there may be a compromise in the conical nature of the breast, which can be difficult to appreciate in photos.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

There is no such thing is a scarless breast lift.

+1

One component of a breast lift is to remove excess skin. The more skin removed the longer the incision has to be. There is no such thing as a scarless breast lift.

Breast lift options

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Anytime there is excess skin and the skin is tightened by making an incision there will be a scar.   The "scarless" breast lift results you are referring to still involve an incision around the areola and one long one under the breast.  The vertical incision for the breast lift type you are referring to is omitted and for some patients this is desireable but for most women who need a breast lift the vertical incision is an important part of providing the ideal breast shape.  The vertical incision is the incision that provides coning or moulding of the breasts therefore reducing the diameter and pushing the breast tissue into a more compact mound.  When this is done properly the ideal breast shape is maximized and the vertical incision heals well with little to no aesthetic issue.  The link below shows the effect the vertical incision.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

S There Any Doctor Performing the Scarless Breastlift Here in WA?

+1

None of the lifts are scarless. At a minimum, if the areolar position is moved there will be a scar around the areola.

With the amount of skin excess, your lift could probably be done without a vertical incision, but would require an incision around the areola, and another in the breast fold, through which the excess skin can be removed. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes

Scarless breast lift

+1

I agree that Dr. Horndeski's result are nice, but they are not scarless.  A breast lift without scars is not a possibility in your case, but every attempt is made to make the scars as good as possible.  Scarless is simply not a reality. Sorry!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

No Such Thing as

+1

Even the plastic surgeon you referenced does NOT perform "scarless" breast lifts--his so-called "Ultimate Breast Lift" simply avoids the vertical scar that the Wise (anchor) pattern breast lift includes. His UBL still requires a scar entirely around the areola, and along the entire inframammary crease. Both of these scars are quite minimal in many if not most patients, BUT these scars can sometimes become hypertrophic (wide, raised, red, and irritated for 1-2 years before they finally "settle-down" metabolically).

One option is to seek out techniques and surgeons whose marketing may succeed and whose surgery may fail, leading to more surgery, cost, time off, and even worse scars! That seems to be the path you are considering. Beware!

Or, you can consider that there is a reason that all but one or a very small handful of ABPS-certified plastic surgeons use breast lift patterns (with resultant scars) that are designed to give the most pleasing and lasting shape with the least-possible scars. For some anatomic types, that can be very few and minimal scars. For others, more shaping is optimal, and may require a few more scars for the best result. Quality and precision of closure leads to less inflammation as healing takes place, and less final scarring results, regardless of length of incision or pattern.

The vertical (actually circumvertical) or"lollipop" lifts also leave a scar around the areola, and commonly have a long and often irregular scar that sometimes (if poorly done) crosses the inframammary crease onto the chest by your ribcage. This shows with certain swimwear and can be irritated by brassieres. Not so good!

Interestingly, even when a vertical scar is required or utilized for correction of the breast skin laxity in more than one dimension (circumvertical or lollipop takes excess skin out side-to-side; the UBL takes out skin vertically to raise the nipple areola complex), this vertical scar is often the best-healing and least-visible scar. This is because it has the least aggressive scar collagen formation due to decreased circulation in the distal skin flaps. Once fully healed and mature, this vertical scar is nearly invisible in many if not most cases. Perhaps you have surgical scars on your body that can give your and your chosen surgeon an idea about your specific healing. For an example of good healing in several of my breast lift patients (including one of color who would traditionally be thought to have worse scarring), click on the web reference link below.

The most important thing is for you to find an ABPS-certified plastic surgeon (and there are many closer to you than Texas) whose breast lift results show experience, artistry, and precise surgical technique, NOT clever marketing or "named" procedures. Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

+1

There are no surgeons doing scarless breast lifts in WA or anywhere else.

And no one will for the foreseeable future, unless magic becomes part of our repertoire.

In my practice most patients do best with a vertical (or lollipop) mastopexy. This is a powerful breast lift that cones the breast and does not distort the areola.

Most patients do best with an implant at the same time, since the lift alone will not increase the breast's upper fullness. Some surgeons claim they can move breast tissue into the upper breast - I have not found this to work.

All the best.

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Scarless Surgery

+1

There is no such thing as a scarless breast surgery, either a lift or an augmentation. While you may have thin scars that are barely noticeable, there will still be scars present. No type of scar will be a great deal though if you don't achieve a pleasing shape to the breast. I would recommend that you speak with several board-certified plastic surgeons in your area to get opinions.

Donald Griffin, MD

Scarless breast lift

+1

I don't know of an operation that can lift the breast without any scarring. There are many alternatives for placement of the scars, however, and these may or may not be indicated in your situation.  I would recommend an in - person consult with a plastic surgeon in your area.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD