There is Much Distance Between my Nose and Mouth. How Can It Be Fixed? (photo)

Im a man. I have thick lips and I have a lot of skin between my nose and mouth. I wonder if you can lift the whole mouth, not just the part of the middle of the lips with a lip lift(my problem are the commissures).I do not care if the lips become finer.I want to know how much you can lift my lips (in the case you could raise the mouth) I do not care that my teeth are visible

Vermilion advancement for total upper lip lift

+2

Lifting of the entire upper lip, from commissure to commissure, is known as a vermilion advancement. (as opposed to a subnasal lip lift which is done under the base of the nose) It will shorten the entire skin distance from the nose to the upper lip from one side to the other, although it is tapered more to the sides in most cases. This will make the upper lip bigger not smaller. While very effective, it does result in a fine line scar at the vermilion-skin junction so patient selection and education is critical.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/lip.html

Lip Lift

+1

The lip lift can be a great procedure for the right patients but based on your photo, I'm not sure that your upper lip is elongated enough that it would be worth your time, expense, and the possibility of visible scars. 

Lifting the commissures can be achieved with the use of injectable fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm, with the advantages being ease, reversibility, shorter downtime, and avoidance of incisions. Obviously, it would be helpful to examine you in person to review all of your options. 

Dr. Mehta

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift

+1

A lip lift can be easily done under local anesthesia in the office. I usually choose to make the incision at the base of your nose because its hidden better. However, this will make your upper lip wider not thinner. I hope this helps.

Dr. H

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/Default.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift

+1

Shortening of the upper lip area is a common procedure.  You make an incision at the base of the nose, removing a small amount of skin to shorten the upper lip area.   As we age, the area from the nose to upper lip appear longer.  This can be done in the office under local anesthesia in most cases.