Is There Anyway to Dissolve the Excess Cartilage Inside an Already Hardened Cauliflower Ear Without Surgery?

Hi, I am 35 year old male and have an already hardened cauliflower ear which I've had since 1999 because I did not get it drained at the time, Is there anyway to dissolve the excess cartilage inside my ear by maybe taking Serrapeptase ? as I've heard that it attacks/dissolves dead tissue/scar tissue and some doctors say on other websites that the excess cartilage *is* a build up of scar tissue (the blood/fluid trapped inside the ear between the skin and cartilage) Any help greatly appreciated.

Cauliflower Ear Repair

+1

Unfortunately,  the only solution is surgery. There is no injectable medication that will “dissolve” your damaged and distorted cartilage. For the best chance of a successful outcome seek a consultation from a board-certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate experience in similar cases like yours.

Cauliflower Ear Treatment?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the difficult problem with “cauli flower ear” that you are experiencing. Unfortunately,  there is no medication or solution that will “dissolve” the cartilage that has been scarred or  distorted. Surgical intervention may be the only solution;  be careful to do your due diligence and seek a board-certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate experience helping patients in your situation.

+1

Unfortunately, there is no oral, topical or injectable treatment that will remedy a 13 year old injury. Surgery is the only option to improve the appearance of a mature cauliflower ear. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon