Why is There So Much Discoloration with my Cartilage Graft? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty about a year ago due to my nose looking crooked. I broke my nose before and i wanted it to look straighter. She mentioned that a cartilage graft would be the best way. My I have went back and got "steroid" shots to make the scarring and swelling go down but it the cartilage graft is very dark looking on my face. Why is there so much discoloration and what can i do to get rid of it. Without it being so dark it would be a perfect rhinoplasty.

Discoloration after rhinoplasty

+1

This photo looks quite good.  The skin over the graft is thin and perhaps a bit more susceptible to sun, try sunscreen daily and see if that helps.  If not chat with your surgeon she may have additional tips for you as it's hard to tell with just photos alone