Is There a Difference in Being an American Board Surgeon and an American Board Plastic Surgeon?

I am 2 weeks away from having the Brazilain Butt Lift Procedure and I've been reading on my surgeons website and I noticed it said... Board Certified: American Board of Surgery (2007 – current) Diplomate: American Board of Phlebology (2012 – current)  I am curious if this means the same as plastic surgeon. I did not have much choices as far as surgeons to choose from. I live in a rather small city where plastic surgery is not as popular as in Miami. I chose him because he had the best reviews

Board certification

+1

Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery, means the surgeon is a General Surgeon NOT a Plastic Surgeon. Plasic surgeons are  board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery, Many plastic surgeon are also fully trained general surgeons.