Is There a Difference Between a 480cc N a 500 Cc Once It's Inside You?

I'm 5'0 ft 97lbs. I'm a 34a n want to go to a full D size...is 500cc too big for me? I would rather going bigger than smaller than expected...I just don't want to regret not going bigger than what I desire...I'm only a week away from my BA I'm so nervous....

Implant size

+1

The implant size you mention is pretty big for someone as tiny as you.  I certainly would not,go any larger.  the difference between 480 and 500 cc's, however, is negligible.  When it comes to saline implants, I usually select the exact fill volume based on how it FEELS at the time of surgery and it may vary about 20 cc's from one patient to the next.

Implant Choices

+1

Your implant options should be determined by your anatomy.  You really don't have a choice among all the implants that are made because some of them will be too large for your body.  It may seem attractive to have very large breasts at this time but you must remember that you are making a choice that will have permanent consequences.  Even if you tire of large breasts at some point in the future and decide to go smaller, your skin and breast tissue will have been permanently stretched and thinned and, probably, will not be able to be completely repaired.  Please speak with your surgeon before your surgery date to discuss this issue further and make sure your decision is appropriate.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Implant choices

+1

A 500 cc implant may be too big for you. But without an exam I can not be sure.  This is determined by exam in person.  Good luck.

Large implants in small woman

+1

I would agree that 500 cc implants are very large for a person of your stature.  I would really be concerned about the long-term effects as well as if your tissue can handle such a large change.  Twenty cc will not be much of difference between implants.  I would talk with your surgeon again if you are having second thoughts about your size.  You want to make sure that you and your surgeon have similar expectations in mind.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

500 cc is a very large implant

+1

For your size, 500 cc is extremely large. 20 cc will be a minimal difference and you will not be able to recognize a difference.  There are risks of using too large an implant.  With your petite stature, I would be extremely concerned about whether you can handle the implant without risking a dehiscence of the wound. I agree that you should return to your plastic surgeon for further discussion.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Want a Full D

+1

At your height and weight, 500cc will probably look dramatically large, certainly far more than a D. I have patients around your size that wear a D bra after a 300cc implant. Maybe you should call your doctor and get a time to go in and speak with him again before surgery. And like the other doctors said, 20cc will not be a significant difference.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Selecting Best Breast Implants to Meet My Goals?

+1

No,  a 20 cc difference in breast implant all you will not be visible externally.  In regards to selection of breast implant size,  it will be important to communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon;  I prefer the use of goal pictures for this purpose.  This method tends to be more precise than discussing cup size (a full D  cup will vary from one bra manufacturer to another).

Remember, that safety and avoidance of complications should be the priority;   trying to go “too big” for your frame can result in complications ( and the need for further surgery).

Crazy big breast implants

+1

For someone who is 5 feet tall and under 100 pounds, a 500 cc implant is HUGE.  Do you even have enough skin laxity to accomodate this size?  Some folks actually have to do the surgery in stages and go smaller, stretch out then go larger later.  No difference in 20 cc at all.  All this depends on an in person exam but if you are unsure you need to go right back to your doctor and not be out on the internet.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS