Is There Such a Thing As a Cosmetic Septoplasty?

I have a deviated septum, and it causes some nasal obstruction, my ENTs have been fighting me tooth and nail about repairing it. It bends twice in a S shape, there is one large bend in the back of my nose, and then it bends again where my nasal tip should be to one side, making the tip of my nose more supported on one side and leaves the tip hanging. It makes my nose look totally different. I don't want a nose job-- I just want this fixed, but more so for cosmetic reasons. What should I do?

Septoplasty vs. Rhinoplasty for Deviated Septum

+1

Strictly speaking a septoplasty alone will not correct this problem with your nasal tip.  The correction of a deviated tip is a challenging issue to address and therefore multiple techniques may need to be employed.  You can think of these techniques as more of a ‘rhinoplasty’ but this is not to say that the overall cosmetic look of your nose will need to be greatly altered.  You should consult a plastic surgeon who has experience with septoplasties as well as rhinoplasties.  They will be able to examine your nose and give you a better sense of what can be accomplished and by what means.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

No such thing as cosmetic septoplasty

+1

There is no such thing as cosmetic septoplasty.  A septoplasty is performed for breathing issues and is billed to a patients medical insurance out of medical necessity. The breathing difficulty must be documented on the physical examination which is submitted to the insurance company for preauthorization.  If no breathing problems exist, then it should be considered cosmetic in nature.