Is There Any Way to Correct my Nose Without Surgery? (photo)

I'd honestly never really noticed that my nose was crooked until recently when someone did one of these facial symetry tests on me. I'm not sure how it ended up like that, I dont think it was as crooked as a child. Is there any way to improve the appearance without surgery?

nonsurgical rhinoplasty for crooked nose

+1
  A nonsurgical rhinoplasty cannot fix a crooked nose. Medial and lateral osteotomies of the nasal bones will need to be performed to straighten the nasal bones. A tip last he will also be required to straighten the tip of the nose. 

Non-surgical correction of nose?

+1

From your photo it looks like your tip might deviate towards your right side. This might be due to a deviated septum. This cannot be corrected without surgery. Go for a consultation just to be sure.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Non-surgical rhinoplasty with fillers

+1

Fillers like Restylane, Juvederm and Perlane can certainly be used in some cases to straighten a mildly crooked nose or improve a small hump. From your photo, it is evident that the bones and cartilage are extremely off center. Filler would make your nose look very odd and wide. Your best bet is to consider having a septorhinoplasty by a reputable surgeon.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correcting a Crooked Nose without Surgery

+1

If fillers were used to correct your crooked nose you would have a very wide nose. The only way to improve the appearance and function of your crooked nose is with surgery.

Can filler be used to "straighten" your nose?

+1

Thank you for providing the attached photos. While filler material can be used to reshape the nose or fill in depressed areas of the nose, this treatment is not effective for straightening the nose. Cutting of the nasal bones and straightening them would be required as part of a rhinoplasty surgery. Unfortunately, since the issue is that the bone and cartilage of the nose is crooked, there is no non-surgical option to camouflage or straighten that crookedness. I hope this is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

No Surgery

+1

Surgery is required to reposition the nose, with all its anatomical attachments, because your nose is severely deviated to the right.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your septum is crooked and that is one of the reasons for your crooked nose

+1

A rhinoplasty specialist who does lots and lots of nose jobs can take a look at your nose and even without touching your nose or even looking inside it, tell you that you have a crooked septum and your caudal septum (the front part) is sitting to the right side of your anterior nasal spine (a small piece of bone).  THAT needs to be corrected to make your nose straighter.  

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical options Can Help With a Crooked Nose- Just Not For Your Nose

+1

Unfortunately, the answer to your question is, no you really can't correct your nose without surgery. It is quite crooked. Sometime a filler can be used to add symmetry. In your case however, adding filler to your left side (which would balance the bend to the right) would make your nose appear way too wide. The only way to straighten your nose would be to break it and move it back to the middle. Sorry- no other way to do this. Remember,  just because we can do something doesn't mean that we have to do it. The other important question to ask yourself is whether or not this really bothers you enough to even be thinking about this. You stated that you had never really noticed it until someone else pointed it out to you. If you didn't even notice it, and if it doesn't bother you, then who cares if it's crooked. Many offices offer computer imaging as a part of their consultation. This would show you what your nose would look like if it were straight and may be the information you need to decide if it makes sense to go forward. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may consider an injectable filler treatment to fill the indentation along the left side of your nasal bridge.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photo:

You appear to have an indentation of your left upper lateral cartilage which is contributing to a crooked appearance. If you decide to have this indent filled, it may lead to a wider appearance of your nose. I would need to examine you to see if this is feasible in your situation.

Another alternative might be nasal surgery with right osteotomies and a possible left spreader graft.

You should consult with a reputable rhinoplasty surgeon to see what options might be best for you.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon