Is there a way to make my cheeks even? (Photos)

Thank you so much for helping me. :) Over the past year or so, I've noticed my cheeks gradually becoming more and more asymmetrical. My left cheek seems to be maturing, but my right remains unchanged. I much prefer my left cheek to my right (mirror), but because real life images are flipped, it bothers me (even though it shouldn't). Is there a way to make them more symmetrical, so I don't have to worry anymore? Thanks. :)

Uneven cheeks

+2
You may know that it is common and natural to have some facial asymmetry.  It appears that your masseter is larger on your right side (the left side of the pictures), and that this was already present on your baseline photo, although it is more marked now.  If I had someone like you in my office, I would get a more detailed history and would examine the parotid gland and masseter muscles as well as jawbone carefully, and test your cranial nerves, to be sure there is not some reason for this that could be addressed.  Do you chew your food primarily on the right side of your mouth, or chew gum frequently on that side? Do you grind your teeth? Do you often sleep on your right side, which can create a deeper nasolabial fold on that side?

If you do have a large muscle on that side, some Botox, Xeomin, or Dysport could be injected to allow it to return to a smaller size.

Making cheeks more even and symmetrical

+1
Dear 3847lego,

• I would suggest using an injectible filler to sculpt the cheeks to make them more symmetric
  • Juvederm Voluma works very well in this area
  • If you sleep on one side more than the other, it will also become more flat over time
  • Sleep on your back for the best symmetry

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

+1
Try a filler like Juvederm or Juvederm Voluma to the affected areas. Fees from $500 to $1,000...////

Uneven cheekbones

+1
Pam
Unfortunately, your pictures don't show enough detail to make a firm diagnosis, but from what I see, it looks like a right malar implant could help.  Remember, however, that no one's face is really symmetrical.  In fact, it's the asymmetry that often gives us our own uniqueness.  You could try fillers to temporarily give you an idea of what an implant could accomplish.

Howard A. Tobin, MD
Abilene Facial Plastic Surgeon