Is There Any Chance I Can Get my Bump Shaved Down Without Anything else Being Done? (photo)

Would i be able to get my dorsal hump just that little bit of a rasp down so that its a straight bridge, i like my nose shape and tip and how it looks from the front i just don't like my side profile because of the dorsal hump i don't care about a little button nose id be happy with my nose just if it wasn't for that bump, thats all i want doing a bit of a rasp down, also would i be able to get this with twilight anaesthetic or would i have to be fully put under general anaesthetic.

Nasal hump

+1

If the bump on the bridge of the nose is reduced, you will also need the bones broken and the nose narrowed. If this is not done, there will be a wide flat area on the bridge where the hump was removed. Having the nasal bones broken is not that big a deal, really, even though it sounds awful o people. The bones of the nose are precisely cut with a chisel and moved inward. I can't see you getting a decent result without that being done. The surgery cab be done either under local anesthesia with sedation or with full general anesthesia. I recommend general

Removing Dorsal Hump with Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for the picture.  You look like an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty and you would absolutely be able to have the dorsal hump brought down without altering the rest of your nose. However, the proportions of your nose will change by reducing the hump, and this may actually result in making the tip look even more balanced with the rest of your nose. This procedure can be done through a closed rhinoplasty technique which requires no external incisions, and can typically be done under IV sedation (twilight) with local anesthesia.  I hope this helps. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Profileplasty is possible

+1

Shaving off the bump is possible.  However the tip of your nose is underprojected.  It seems very close to your upper lip. You may want to improve this as well. This would improve the balance of your nose.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal Hump Reduction

+1

The dorsal hump can be reduced through closed rhinoplasty incisions in about 10 minutes.  You will also need osteotomies to close the open roof.  This will tend to narrow the nose.

Dorsal hump reduction during rhinoplasty

+1

Given the size of your bump (dorsal hump), you may need a couple of other things to ensure an excellent result.  The first is the placement of spreader grafts, to prevent collapse of the middle third of your nose and something called an "inverted-V" deformity.  Second, you may need osteotomies (fracture nasal bones) to close an "open roof" deformity.  Open roofs occur frequently with large dorsal hump reductions.  These additional maneuvers will ensure an attractive dorsum (bridge).  

Donald B. Yoo, MD