Is There a Chance of Fat Embolism or PE 10 Days After Smartlipo Performed on 3 Small Areas?

Is there a chance of fat embolism or PE 10 days after Smartlipo performed on 3 small areas? I have been active and walking 1-2 hours every day. Am I still at risk?

Very little chance

+1
if your procedure was done under local with or without some oral sedation, there is very little chance that you would get a PE. 
some people just get a PE for unclear reasons, so there is always a tiny risk but it would be unrelated to the Smarlipo.

david berman md
plastic surgeon
northern va

Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Fat embolism and PE after Smartlipo

+1

Since most smartlipo procedures are performed under local anesthesia, the risks of PE is very, very low. There is always risks of fat embolism with any liposuction procedures, with or without laser. If you are not having symptoms and you have been active, then you should be fine. If you are having symptoms then seeking medical attention as soon as possible. 

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

SmartLipo and PE

+1

Thanks for the question.  If you surgery was done under local anesthetic, there is very little chance of PE at any point after surgery.  The walking is an excellent way of decreasing your risks and of keeping the fat from returning, so keep it up!  Best wishes.

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon