Is There Any Chance of Getting Botox Injections for Muscle Spasms in my Middle/upper Back?

These very painful muscle spasms have been occurring for 20 years, not continuously but they start up at inopportune times and last for days. No muscle relaxants or pain killers work for me. I am desperate for relief!

Botox for Muscle Spasms in Mid Upper Back

+1

This sounds like a pretty severe problem you are having and it would be great if Botox would work.  However, this would be an off label use and you would be advised to see a specialist in Physical Medicine who commonly deal with these problems. A brief PubMed search under "botulinum toxin back pain" pulled up a lot of studies of this treatment. The results were inconclusive and more studies were recommended to see if Botox can be recommended for myofascial pain treatment. I have placed a link to one review.   A specialist in physical medicine will be able to interpret all these studies and have the technical expertise to administer botulinium toxin if it is indicated.

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Botox works well for muscle spasms...but since

+1

it's not in the cosmetic realm, most often it's injected in these areas by either a physical medicine doctor or a neurologist...

Ken Landow, MD